Author Topic: BIG PROBLEMS 10 month still feeding and sleeping horrible  (Read 871 times)

Offline madmac

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
BIG PROBLEMS 10 month still feeding and sleeping horrible
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:27 am »
I need some desparte help.

To fill u in on my situation my dh and I are all alone in europe and have no one to reliy on for help/support.  My lo was born in Canada and we moved her when she was 4 months old, we only live here for 7-8 months nad move back home (next month).  I know this is a big change but it cant be the only reason I am having problem still 6 months later.

I tired easy routines but was stressed out since I am really the only one to do anything.  My dh is home only 4 hrs when LO is a wake.  He helps out wonderfully at night but he needs his rest too.

SO here is my biggest problems she does not like to eat....or sleep.  IT is a fight for both.  In her bottles 6 oz twice a day and 5 two times, mind you this is not set in stone sometimes four oz and then more bottles.  SOldis is a hit and miss she wonts what I eat now.

She is teething and learning, is pulling her self up and learning to walk.

At this pt to get her to bed before 10 is hard (no problem for me). 

900 - 930 wake up sometimes 10.
930 cereal
12 -1245 nap bottle 5 oz
130 lunch fruit, cheese.
330-400 nap tell 5 - bottle 5 oz
530 supper what we eat.
830 bottle 5-6 oz
10 - small bottle 4 oz

she wakes up one to two times a night.  At both times we give her a bottle, one because it is easy and second she is thirsty and refuses water in her bottle.  If I put her to bed at 8-9 wakes up 3 times a night.

I am desparate for any help would love to get her to sleep through the night, but we will be moving again in a month and a half Also she is out late tell 11pm once a week due to daddy's job.  It is the only thing i get out to do so it is not an option to miss it.

thanks for HELP!

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: BIG PROBLEMS 10 month still feeding and sleeping horrible
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 13:37:13 pm »
Do you think she wakes at night to drink because she doesn't eat/drink so much during the day?  Are you feeding finger foods?  Sometimes being creative  about what to offer them is difficult.  There is a thread here somewhere that moms have been posting ideas.  That may help her be a little more interested.  I would try to not make mealtime a fight as that will probably make it worse. 
If she isn't waking from hunger and instead from habit you could try pu/pd. 
The wakings could also be a result of the teething or developmental things you mentioned.  I would make sure to give her plenty of standing time during A time to practice that.
A good EASY routine during the day will help the night wakings.  What does her sch look like now? 
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]