Author Topic: dropping DF, how do you add oz during day if already taking full 8oz bottles?  (Read 920 times)

Offline ashleamc1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Hey gals! My husband and I have started talking about dropping the df as our baby will be 7mo next week.  I've been reading Tracy's book about how to do it, and she suggests gradually adding the same amount of oz they take at df back into the day.  My dd takes an 8 oz bottle at almost every feed.  She is also eating more solid foods than most babies her age.  How can we make up those oz?  We haven't tried quiting cold turkey, she may not even need it, but I'm afraid that would mess her all up.  I have also thought about doing a cluster feed and dropping df, but she's really too old for that too.  Any suggestions?  Her schedule goes like this.  (trying to move from 3-2 naps)

700        wake and bottle  8oz
815        cereal/fruit         3oz
915        nap   (1 hour if lucky)
1100      bottle      7oz
1230      veg/fruit  4oz
100        nap   (1hour)
300        bottle  8oz
400        veg/fruit  2.5oz
445        catnap   30 min
700        bath
720        bottle  8 oz
730        bed
1030      df    (usually 4-6 oz)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
You could always try adding an extra oz to your lo's day time bottles just to give her the option of taking it if she wants it.

You could try cluster feeding, but from the look of your lo's schedule, she more than likely would not need it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with dropping the DF.
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007