Author Topic: first morning feed  (Read 663 times)

Offline carlarosames

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:48:03 am »
i have a question...my 4 week old, may wake up and feed at 6am....do i wait the 3 hours and feed at 9am, or try again at 7/7:30 to start my day.  what if she feeds at 5am...should next feed be at 8am; we are on a 3 houre EASY schedule. thanks, carla

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: first morning feed
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 10:57:35 am »
hi Carla.

well, it all depends on what she does after that first 6 am feed- does she go back to sleep until 7/7:30? if so, I'd maybe try offering less at 6 am, not a full feed, and the rest at 7/7:30 to start your day from there.

the same actually for 5 am feed- it's still night time, isn't it, so offer as much as is enough to let her sleep until 7 and feed her again at the start of your day.

Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline nicolas

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 11:10:40 am »
Hi carla,
I actually had a very similar question yesterday.  but mine  was 6am and then 7am... I was feeding at 6 then 7 then he would sleep until 8. that last hour in bed with us.  Someone suggested I try to soothe him back to sleep from 6 to 7, but after i feed at 7 to make sure he stays awake .  We did that this morning and it worked really well. I had to get up earlier than we were used to, but since my husband put him back to sleep at 6 I felt more rested at 7 anyways..  It souds like good advice above though.  when is her feeding prior to 5am?  Nicolas eats at 4ish, so I knew he could probably make it to 7 if we soothed him.
good luck! liana

Offline carlarosames

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 12:23:37 pm »
thanks....her feeding is usually 3:00-ish.  i will try as above.  she is still young...so sometimes the feed is 5am, but mostly around 6:00-sh.  this morning...i fed her at 3am, then she kind of stirred at 6:30..so i put pacifier and will try and hold off until 7am, ..she is holding off so far...thanks.
i have ANOTHER QUESTION....i may have to post elsewhere if this not the right spot...but to understand cluster feedings.  it seems if you are waking your child to feed every 2 hrs for the cluster feed, the child would eat less.  so seems it would "even" out with the amount of ounces as if you would just wait to feed after 3 hours, where then she would be hungry and take more of a feed...am i making sense?  thanks