Author Topic: two naps at 4 months?  (Read 1019 times)

Offline carybear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:39 am »
Okay I'm just wondering if my little one should be having more than two naps a day?  She's four months old and we're doing a 3.5-4 hr easy.  Our day starts sometime between 7-8.  She's eating on both sides and seems to be satisfied.   She's a happy baby without a nap after 4 pm.  She naps at around 9 or 10 and this is usually less than an hour and then has a LOOOONG nap around 1 until 4 she'll act kind of tired but won't settle to sleep so I just let her go.  Does this seem like it's okay for my baby or should I try to force a nap?  Even if I do get her to sleep she'll only sleep for 15-20 min and it took me an hour to get her settled to sleep, so it doesn't seem worth it.  Okay so maybe I'm answering my own question here but I'd still like some thoughts. Thanks

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: two naps at 4 months?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:28:24 am »
one question- when is her bedtime and how does she sleep at night?

in general I think if she's happy with her routine now, let it be.
can you post a more detailed schedule thou?

Monika
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline carybear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 19:18:11 pm »
okay here's  what our schedule looks like these are timeframes not how long each lasts. so she'll wake up and eat sometime during that block.
E 7-8
A
S 9-10 usually 45-60 min nap
E 11-12
A
S 1:30 this is her long nap
E 3:30-4
A
E 5:30-6
A bed time routine
E 7:30-8
S 8
DF 10-10:30
E 2-4 random wake up to eat then right back to sleep

Most days this seems to work for us but some days she's a beast and needs that evening cat nap but won't settle for it no matter what I do.  She sleeps well at night with the exception of those random nights where she's up every couple of hours. 
She's getting to where she doesn't want the paci any more, unfortunately she thinks she needs to suck on me (she doesn't care whether it's a finger, the side of my hand or a breast.  But NOT that binky! that just makes her angry most of the time, although I have gotten her to take it the past two afternoons. So maybe she's over it.
Mostly she's just the happiest baby I know.  Loves lots of attention and believe me she gets plenty of it too! 
I guess I'm just one of those moms who reads the book and says "but this is how it's supposed to be, Tracy said so!"  I've been working on getting her to fall asleep on her own more, she used to do it at nap time so well and now it's a fight.  So maybe that's my problem there, I don't know. 

Offline lgliser

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 19:39:15 pm »
Wow you sound just like me!!  Our triplets are 4 months old and we've been doing EASY for about a month or so now.  I'm always asking "is this ok???" because Tracy said so but our babies are happy this way or that!  LOL 
In fact I posted a sort of smilar question just now.
Good luck,
Laney

Offline mich0902

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mom to Laurent (03-19-2003) and Maude (09-28-06)
Re: two naps at 4 months?
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 16:47:17 pm »
I have exactly the same problem!  We have a LOT of days like these!  It's almost impossible to get my DD (almost 5 months old) to nap in the late afternoon.  Sometimes, I plan my errands at this time so she'll nap in the car, but it doesn't always work.  I tend to go with the flow, waiting for the day she doesn't need this nap...  But it's sometimes very hard and our evenings are always a little hectic.  At least yours gets a long time in the afternoon, that must help.  Sometimes my DD won't  sleep after 2:30!  :o  Only solution I found is to put her to bed earlier, but then I also wake up more in the night to feed her or to put her back to sleep.

Oh well...  Who said this was going to be easy?  ::)

GL!

Michele

Offline carybear

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 23:24:11 pm »
Ugh... I just want it to be easy!  But I guess as long as it seems to be working for her then I won't worry too much about forcing the issue.  Not that it helps anyway....LOL  We still have our crazy days but just letting go of the worry about if this, that, or the other is "correct" has helped a ton!