Author Topic: How much does your one year old eat?  (Read 1119 times)

Offline gabbysmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: February 18, 2007, 17:04:44 pm »
I have a one year old who only will eat 2-4 ounces for lunch and dinner. She is about 30 inches and weighs 19 pounds.  I'm worried about her.  She hates eating.  Most of the time when I put her in her highchair, she screams and tries to get out.  I am so frustrated!

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: How much does your one year old eat?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 17:27:48 pm »
My dd is 14mo. I have noticed a huge drop in the amount of food she is eating in the last few weeks.  Is she eating finger food?  If the doc says she is growing fine I would try not to worry, but I know that is hard.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: How much does your one year old eat?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 18:43:56 pm »
firstly, is she putting on weight/ growing ok according to your doctor? If so then try not to worry. If you haven't had her checked in a while then maybe you could to put your mind at rest.
How much milk is she having in the day? Could it be too much and it's putting her off her solids? If I try to feed dd and she is not hungry she will scream to get out the chair.
Does she refuse to take things from a spoon? This is very common and perhaps you could try lots of finger foods. Does she have her own spoon and perhaps bowl to hold while you try to feed her? This always helps me to get more in dd.
One year old appetites vary hugely- my dd has a huge appetite but my friend's dd of the exact same age has a very small appetite- they are the exact same height but she weighs 4lb more then him! But they are both healthy and doing just fine.
]