Author Topic: Silly question re applesauce / puree  (Read 1049 times)

Offline franchick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Silly question re applesauce / puree
« on: February 20, 2007, 16:19:05 pm »
I often give my DD applesauce / apple puree / pear puree after her dinner as 'desert'. I figure that since she can manage to chew up adult sized pasta, sausages, veg, bread, fruit etc etc that it won't matter if she has some pureed food from time to time.

She also has very fine porridge / oatmeal for supper from time to time and weetabix / oatabix (sp? - new thing on the market) for breakfast a few times a week, all very soggy and sloppy foods.

I know this is silly, but is this OK? After all, us adults eat sloppy foods as well.

(I know that, even with her 4 molars, she can chew really well - the other day she was chewing something and I wondered what it was and I found out she had got a toffee out of a tin in the cupboard and chewed and swallowed the whole thing up!! - lol. The next day, I gave her some filet steak from my plate as I reckoned she could handle it - she ate it once I told her it was sausage - bad mummy for lying, but it's the word she understands for 'meat').

Offline Shdef

• Showing Appreciation 419
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 16:26:56 pm »
Scotty still gets that, too. I mean, I have all my molars, can't I have yoghurt?

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Silly question re applesauce / puree
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 16:48:39 pm »
Marisa eats baby oatmeal (Earth's Best) mixed with fruit puree almost every morning for breakfast. Then she often has some cheerios and/or part of a bagel. Her lunch often includes yogurt. The rest of her lunch and her dinner are typically "adult" foods. That's what she likes and it's healthy and she's getting enough variety - I see no problem with it!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: Silly question re applesauce / puree
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 18:02:42 pm »
We give Tyler applesauce for "dessert" at least a couple of times a week.
Judy