Author Topic: How much sleep?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Lilachawk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
How much sleep?
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:56:04 am »
Does anybody know roughly how much sleep my 21 month old daughter should be getting through her night time and day time naps combined?
She is a good sleeper on the whole and always has been but she has a tendency to be an eairly waker, she goes to bed at 7pm and occasionally sleeps untill 6am but more often then not she wakes at 5am ready to start the day, she has one nap a day in the late morning and can go from 1 to 2 hours and I am wondering if the eairly waking is due to her having either to much or to little day time sleep or if in fact she gets the eairly waking from her father who is also an early morning person! 6am is an acceptable getting up time for us although I admit feeling slightly envious of people whos children sleep to 7am or even 8 lol!
thanks for you help, Jen x

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: How much sleep?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 10:29:26 am »
Jen, I would LOVE for mine to sleep in till 7 or 8pm but that just won't happen in this house but the best we've done so far is 6:30am.

On average they get around 13hrs of sleep (night and day). The nap is usually around 1.5-2 hrs and around 10.5-11 hrs at night.

What time is the nap?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline jennyh

• take each day as it comes.
  • Showing Appreciation 278
  • my angels.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:28 pm »
our 22month old is up between 5.30 to 6ish every morning and she has never slept later.we have had to accept this :(.on the other hand she sleeps from around 6.30 at night so i guess she is just ready to go by morning.she also has a nap for around 1hr before lunch.
children are precious,cherish the moments....
dd1 -01-08-03
dd2-29-06-05

Offline Aggs

• Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 12:53:48 pm »
At that age DS slept from 1pm to 3-3.30pm.  He then went to bed at around 8-8.30 and slept until at least 7am.  When his sister arrived he was 2 1/4 and we thought he had given up daytime naps.  We put him down for "quiet time" for an hour and his bedtime was brought forward to 7pm.  After a few weeks he seemed to want to nap properly again, but we cut it to an hour and a half.  He now goes to bed at 7.30 and wakes at about 6.30.

I think that 11-12 hours is normal at night, and 1.5-2 hours in the day.  Some kids need more or less sleep!
Me:  34 Black Caribbean
DH: John - 39 Hairy Scot
DS: Oliver John - born 26/2/04 - Beautiful Beige Boy!!!
DD: Charlotte Hope - born 11/6/06

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 13:15:53 pm »
This might be useful although all children are different.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=85137.0

Offline imsmum

• Showing Appreciation 36
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 15:29:33 pm »
At 21 months dd would sleep 10 hours at night from 8-6 and then nap 2 hours from 1-3 for a total of 12 hours.  I think both the early wake up and the 10-11 hour night is pretty typical.

Offline Lilachawk

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 02:17:30 am »
thanks for your help, at the moment she seems to be waking at 5am on alternate days personally I think she is just like her dad, an early riser and morning person, completely the opposite of me lol!