Author Topic: exersaucer for 3 month old  (Read 3930 times)

Offline wannabeloved4320

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Nathaniel playing in his exersaucer
exersaucer for 3 month old
« on: February 23, 2007, 14:28:20 pm »
hello everyone i just had a question. is it ok to put my 3 month old son in a exersaucer? he is also 18lbs. he has wonderful head control and can sit very well with support. yesterday i too him to his babysitters he dose not go there very often and when i picked him up she said he was in the walker for about 20 minutes and loved it and played with all the toys on it. so i was wondering nbefore i went and bought a exersaucer is it ok to put him in it at this age. again he just turned 3 months and is 18 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long. so is it ok?

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Re: exersaucer for 3 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 14:31:22 pm »
The one we bought said from 4 months - but I would think that as long as he can hold his head and support his back enough that it would be okay. I put Ewan in his at four months and I would put a rolled up muslin square in between his chest and the edge of the seat to keep him from leaning over too much.

HTH

Marie

Offline wannabeloved4320

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Nathaniel playing in his exersaucer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 14:40:05 pm »
does his feet have to touch the floor? cause i put him in a walker at the lowest setting and his feet did not touch the floor. maybe the exersaucer will have a lower setting then the walker though i don't know. but just in case does his feet have to touch the bottom of it?

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 14:42:22 pm »
I'd pop a cushion under there if his feet don't touch so he's got something to push off from.

love
Marie

Offline danou

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 22:35:08 pm »
He needs to be able to touch the floor in order to transfer weight - otherwise he's hanging from his crotch and that isn't the best for his spine and his boy parts.

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 02:20:49 am »
what about a jumperoo? i just bought one for my 4 mo old, who is also 18 lbs, and he absolutely loves it.  you can adjust the settings for height. also, only his tiptoes need to touch the floor. around the time, my lo wanted to stand and not sit  so thought this would be fun for him. we have the fisher price rainforest model.
heather