Author Topic: ?????night wakings?poor naps??new to 4hr EASY  (Read 656 times)

Offline grantsmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
?????night wakings?poor naps??new to 4hr EASY
« on: February 25, 2007, 16:45:02 pm »
About 8 days ago, I switched my 17 wk DS to a 4 hr EASY. His night wakings were erratic and his A times had become longer. So last weekend we switched. His naps were great-2 hours a piece, but he fought going to sleep. After two nights, everything was great. At the same time, he decided he didn't like to be swaddled anymore. He found his thumb and really started to self soothe. That Monday night, he slept all the way through and kept it up until Friday night. So Friday night, he woke at 5. I went it and put him back to sleep in a matter of a few minutes. Saturday day, his naps were terrible. Saturday night, he woke at 4 and talked to himself off and on until 6 am. I worried about him not getting any sleep and went in at 6, even though he wasn't crying. In about two minutes he was out and slept until 7:15 or so. Today, this first nap only lasted about 45 minutes and I couldn't get him back to sleep. Did I switch him to a 4 hr to soon, growth spurt, what?? He doesn't act hungry.

E-7:30
A-8-9:30
S-9:30-11:30    last weekend anyways

E-11:30
A-12-1:30
S-1:30-3:30

E-3:30
A-4-5:30
S-5:30-6:15 ish

7-8 pm  eat, bath, massage, sing a few songs and asleep 8-8:15

He goes to the sitter's Mon-Friday. She is 65 and doesn't quite get EASY. My DH and I have both tried to explain it. She does feed DH on schedule. However, I don't think she follows schedule except for that. I haven't worried too much b/c here last week, everything seem to have fallen in place.  Sleeping through the night, not needing to be swaddled, etc.

What's up?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: ?????night wakings?poor naps??new to 4hr EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:51:32 am »
His day looks good to me.  does he have anything goin on developmentally?  That can affect night sleep

Offline grantsmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: ?????night wakings?poor naps??new to 4hr EASY
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:02:27 am »
Funny thing-he slept through the night on Sunday. Who knows-not complaining.