Author Topic: EASY adjustment  (Read 743 times)

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 26
« on: February 26, 2007, 00:05:52 am »
Hi all

Abby is 7.5 months now, and has been on EASy for... a long time. Can't remember. Anyways, her naps have started to get really short and we're having early wakings too, so I think I might need to shift her routine somewhat. Here's what it is currently

A 6:30am - but stays in crib until 7am
E 7am BF both sides
S 10am - hopefully 'til 11:30am but rarely; usually 40 min
E 11am (or 11:30am if wake later) BF both sides
E 2 or 2:30pm BF one side
S 2:30 or 3pm - hopefully 'til 4:30pm
E 4:30pm BF other side
E 7:30pm BF both sides
S 8pm

I realize that she's awake for 3.5 hours each time, but when I've tried putting her down earlier, her naps stays the same length, then she ends up going to bed really early. Then she gets up even earlier. I cut out the catnap almost a month ago as it was getting ridiculously short (like 5-10 min). She is still waking at night for at least one feed (i know, must do something about this). On a good day, she'll have one nap of 1hr15min, and another nap of 40 min. Obviously not enough sleep, and this on a good day. I do know that on days when we have swimming, she's really tired and will nap great that day. And on weekends when we're out, she will usually nap pretty well. However, all the other times she naps pretty terribly, which makes me wonder if she's not getting enough stimulation. We go for walks (really long ones - loves them!), plays with toys, roll around, dance to music, walk around the house in bjorn. I can't really think of what else to do. Anyways, if anyone has some suggestions, i'd really appreciate them. I think the above schedule is pretty good, and one that works well when she takes proper naps.

TIA :)

Offline *Mona*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 144
Re: EASY adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 07:44:10 am »
hi

is she on solids at all?
I think what may be causing those short naps is... hunger.
at 7,5 months she's much more active than before and you're not giving her not enough stimulation IMO, quite on the contrary, so if 'regulating' the time you put her down for her naps doesn't help, maybe it's time to introduce solids and just feed her more... that I believe would help her nap/sleep better.
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 15:33:52 pm »
Hi

She gets three solid meals a day. It's not a ton of food, but as much as I can get into her. Approximately an hour after BF, except for dinner, which is around 5:30-6pm. i don't know how much more food i can get into her. I know that she's much more active these days, and it makes sense that her food uptake should be more. I do know that her solid intake is affecting her, since her solid "output" has changed a great deal :)

Anyways, thanks for the response.