Author Topic: Morning nap too soon. NEED HELP!!  (Read 789 times)

Offline babysophia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 26, 2007, 17:09:15 pm »
Hi there! My Lo is 4.5 months old and we are currently on a 3 hour easy and we are in the middle of changing it to a 3.5-4 hour easy.
My question is:
How can I extend awake time in the morning. She usually can stay awake from 1.5 to 2 hours during the day just fine, but she gets SO SO sleepy after only 1 hour in the morning.

She wakes up at 8am, feeds and is tired by 9am. Just this morning, she started to fall asleep while we were playing. I had to put her down in her crib and she was out!

Just in case, here is our routine more or less
8am Awake
8:30 BF
**Try to keep her awake until at least 9:30**** If not, she goes to sleep from 9 to 10am or so

12:00 BF
Activity
1:00 Nap (1.5 hours)

3:00 BF
Activity
4:30 Nap (1 hour)

6:00 BF
Activity
7:00 Bath, read book
7:30 formula bottle
8:00 In crib and asleep within 10 minutes.

****she wakes up around 2-3 am to eat and sometimes again at 5 am (i still feed her here, but im trying to stop this) ****
Thanks!!

So again, ideas on how to extend her morning awake time

Offline Lizziebeth

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 19:56:10 pm »
Hi

I've always found that my LO can only manage a shorter A time in the morning.  This is not uncommon, from what I've read.  (Eg, she is now 10 months and only manages 2 - 2.5 hrs A time.  The rest of the day, she can handle 3-4 hours between naps)

All you can really do is try to stretch your A time little by little.  With the nightwakings, does LO go right back to sleep after the feed?  Are the nightwakings the main issue you are trying to fix or is LO cranky during the day on this routine?

Let me know if I can help any more!

Liz

Offline babysophia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 18:28:41 pm »
Thank you for your reply. If most lo's have shorter awake times in the morning, then Im ok then! Thank you so much :)
I will leave her routine as is then.