Author Topic: ok just coz I like to worry over nothing LOL  (Read 865 times)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
ok just coz I like to worry over nothing LOL
« on: March 05, 2007, 13:39:49 pm »
So DS puts on weight well and eats quite big portions. He has funny tastes, prefers savoury to sweet, will not eat fresh fruit, only jars, weird texture issues etc
MY Qs are: he likes different things but will point blank refuse meals I know he likes, do you think this is for attention?
He will eat independently, he can stab at chicken bits with a fork, but takes soooo long he loses interest, what to do?
re: textures, like I said he can eat chicken bits but some rice or pasta he gags on???? what to do?
How on earth can i get him to eat fruit, have tried dried fruit, with mashed up cereal, u name it!  he LOVES jars of fruit (any) btw, any ideas??

Thanx

Offline maxysmum

• Steph mummy to Max and Loen
  • Showing Appreciation 145
  • my babies
Re: ok just coz I like to worry over nothing LOL
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 14:07:25 pm »
I don't know about the Textures but, What about making fresh fruit puree?

Offline JennŠ

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 15:11:11 pm »
Yaya, He is one.  Enough said.   ;)  Toddlers are capable of living on air for meals at a time.  Fruitwise, how 'bout a fruit smoothie?  Would he drink it?
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline lisi's mum

• Showing Appreciation 155
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 15:23:02 pm »
Ha, I know that meal refusing business  ::) I figure that some days although I love pasta I just don't feel like it IYKWIM irritating but about the only reason I can figure out for the refusing.

With the self feeding I kind of slip in fork fulls inbetween. Means there are lots of utensils floating around but it seems to work. Left to her own devices Lisi would starve, I've got around about a 10 minute window, no matter how little she's eaten she wants to be up and running.

Fruit's a tricky one, you've probably tried the canned stuff? Dole do little portion sized peaches and stuff in grape juice, no sugar added. Could also try stewing apples - something Lisi'll eat even when teething:

skin core and cut 2 apples into 8
add to a pan with about 250ml water, a couple cloves, about 5 cm cinnamon stick (and a tbs of sugar if you think it needs it) bring to the boil, simmer 5 minutes and then let cool with the lid on. Worth a try?
Katie

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 12:16:36 pm »
thanx for ur input guys hes been driving me mad with eating recently and am just feelign frustrated and losing my patience, he prob has fun at me worrying over it :'( My mum reckons offer what I have preapred , if he doesnt it, leave him be but dont offer an alternative, what do you all think?

Offline lisi's mum

• Showing Appreciation 155
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 17:43:44 pm »
I would love to do that but I'm too weak  :-\  I worry that my poor baby will starve and I'll get a crappy night's sleep as a result. At the moment I give one alternative which is usually cold, leftovers or a bit of bread and some fruit. Nothing exciting. I think you're mum is on to something though.
Katie