Author Topic: W2S questions  (Read 840 times)

Offline Scrapbooker

• Laura
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
W2S questions
« on: March 07, 2007, 16:56:30 pm »
2 questions:

1) Still with early waking at 5 something AM but not an exact time so I think W2S might be tough, but I need to watch her more.  Does the wake time have to be exactly the same each day or just within and hour or so?  I may just let her be with it since the time change is coming up soon and then just gradually bring her bedtime back.  Otherwise, what else can I do besides W2S/PU/PD/earlier bedtime?  Anything else that I could try if these don't help?

2) With a four hour routine, when you want a 2 hour nap, do you do W2S again at the 1 1/2 hour mark or should you not need to?

3) Can W2S be overused and become a prop?  What if I use it for every nap while I'm transitioning her to a 4 hour EASY as she keeps doing 45 minute naps when she is a little overtired-am I starting a dependency?  She had been able to do longer naps in the past.

4) What is the eventuality with W2S?  Is it that eventually the LO will learn to transition herself? or that she'll grow out of it? or how long will I need to do it if the 45 minute naps continue?  Should I try not doing it after a week or so-longer/shorter?

I have these questions at the end of another post, but they are kind of separate and might get lost in the shuffle so have reposted.

Laura
Grace's mom

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: W2S questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 21:29:50 pm »
2 questions:

1) Still with early waking at 5 something AM but not an exact time so I think W2S might be tough, but I need to watch her more.  Does the wake time have to be exactly the same each day or just within and hour or so?  I may just let her be with it since the time change is coming up soon and then just gradually bring her bedtime back.  Otherwise, what else can I do besides W2S/PU/PD/earlier bedtime?  Anything else that I could try if these don't help?

2) With a four hour routine, when you want a 2 hour nap, do you do W2S again at the 1 1/2 hour mark or should you not need to?

3) Can W2S be overused and become a prop?  What if I use it for every nap while I'm transitioning her to a 4 hour EASY as she keeps doing 45 minute naps when she is a little overtired-am I starting a dependency?  She had been able to do longer naps in the past.

4) What is the eventuality with W2S?  Is it that eventually the LO will learn to transition herself? or that she'll grow out of it? or how long will I need to do it if the 45 minute naps continue?  Should I try not doing it after a week or so-longer/shorter?

I have these questions at the end of another post, but they are kind of separate and might get lost in the shuffle so have reposted.

Laura

1. W2S will only work for early wakings if it is at the same time everyday. At this age you can try Shh/Patt to get your LO to try and go back to sleep.
2. 1.5hr nap is great i wouldn't try and extend this as your LO probably has had a long enough sleep.
3/4. W2S should only be used for a short time up to 5days that way it can't become overstimulating.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Scrapbooker

• Laura
  • BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: W2S questions
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 22:01:45 pm »
Thanks for some answers. 

1.  How close do they have to be?  Same exact time or within a 1/2 -1 hour?
4.  How would it overstimulate?
Grace's mom