Author Topic: Drinking much more now on cow's milk  (Read 1008 times)

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Drinking much more now on cow's milk
« on: March 09, 2007, 09:46:23 am »
hello
at 12 months dd was on 2 bottles a day, on waking and then at bedtime. She was averaging about 5 oz in each bottle and that was over a period of a couple of months. Since we switched her onto cow's milk at 13 months her intake has crept up and up and now she has 8oz bottles morning and night and drains them both! Is this normal? I have upped her solids slightly during the day but she still guzzles tons of milk. She didn't really put on any weight from 10.5mo to 13mo although she grew a lot in height, so I wonder if she is just playing catch up? Should I offer her milk during the day instead of water? Or am I just making a big fuss about nothing  ::)
]

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Drinking much more now on cow's milk
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »
Hi Kathryn,

I am going to pop this over to the Toddlers Eating board.

You could always offer a bit of milk in a sippy during the day with meals to see if she will take it.

Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline dkjokisch

• Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 19:08:20 pm »
16-24oz of milk a day is normal for that age.  I wouldn't worry about giving her too much unless it seems to be interfering with her solid intake.  Like pp said, though, if she's taking it really well, though, it would be a good opportunity to start offering it in a sippy during the day to get her used to it.  It's probably a growth spurt.  And it's normal for weight gain to slow up around this age as they are getting SO much more active.
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:35:27 am »
Kathryn my DD was the same we always struggled to get the recommended amount of formula into her then we swapped her over to cows milk she started drinking alot more. We only just recently dropped her afternoon milk as it was interferring with her dinner she only now has 8ozs in the morning.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 08:42:05 am »
thanks guys,
she is eating anything and everything I give her at the moment so I think she is having a growth spurt! She shot up in height over the last couple of months without putting any weight on so I guess is playing catch up. I'll make sure I increase her solids before I give her any more milk!
kathryn x
]