Author Topic: Am I on the right track here?  (Read 852 times)

Offline Jenny_Jen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Mommy to Hayden, Born April 9th, 2006! 6 lbs 7 oz!
Am I on the right track here?
« on: March 24, 2007, 18:01:08 pm »
Ok if my DS takes an am nap he refuses his afternoon nap & it's too long for him to be awake to make it to bedtime & the night wakings (crying & screaming in his crib) go on every 2 hours at night.  So after playing around & doing some figuring this is what I'm planning on doing:

I'll use today as an example, although we are just in the middle of the afternoon nap so I'm guessing at the rest but this is my plan of action :) :

8 am - wake & bottle - slept in because of all the night wakings, usually up at 7-7:30 am
9 am - breakfast
12 pm - lunch
12:30 - nap (even if he takes a cat nap in the morning of 20 mins he's refusing his afternoon nap)
3 wake
4:30 - dinner
7ish - bedtime routine starts
7:30ish - bottle & bed

I can't really think of anything else to do.  All week I've been fighting to get on some type of routine but nothing has worked out so I'm thinking we need to go to 1 long afternoon nap.  Yesterday he had an hour nap in the am at 10:30 am & was up from 11:30 am until bedtime at 7.  He was yawning for his afternoon nap but just yelled in his crib from 2:30 until 3:15 at which time I gave up.

Am I on the right track in my thinking?  I just keep thinking he's too young for one nap a day but maybe I'm wrong since 2 naps a day is not working anymore.

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 174
Re: Am I on the right track here?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 18:26:17 pm »
Looks and sounds very reasonable for me :)
~Efka~