Author Topic: 19 mo old no longer happily waking....  (Read 854 times)

Offline sophiems

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
  • My 3 monkeys!
    • Cloudy with a Chance of Books
19 mo old no longer happily waking....
« on: March 26, 2007, 16:42:52 pm »
I hope this is the right spot for this post...

my 19mo old son is still sleeping fine.  Except...he used to wake at naps and morning and be able to happily hang out in his crib just playing or talking to himself for up to 1/2 hour.  Usually maybe at least 10 minutes, but on occasion for a long long time.  Now, I can't remember the last time he has done that.  I can't figure out what has changed.  He's still sleeping great and the same for naps and bed, but it just seems like as soon as he wakes up he's crying.  The one problem is that as soon as he's crying, I go to him so he doesn't wake his brother.  I don't even know if this is a problem or not, but I'm just a little frustrated that it seems like he's a little too demanding to get out of his bed right away. 
Also, just to mention, there doesn't seem to be separation anxiety or anything.  No prob. going to sleep or playing independently at other times throughout the day...

So is this worth worrying about?  Is there anythign I can do to help him be more independent when he wakes again? 

Sophie
3 boys:  D-8, L-5, and C-3 and one more little one due 11/11

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: 19 mo old no longer happily waking....
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 19:21:11 pm »
could just be testing the boundaries of new behavior....   :-\  i'd keep getting him up quickly as you have been & just see if things eventually go back to the way they were.  or at least once he realizes you are responding quickly, he will not be quite as cranky when he wakes up. 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: 19 mo old no longer happily waking....
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 21:13:45 pm »
Alex is grumpy when she wakes, she just needs a cuddle until she comes round