Author Topic: sudden tummy sleeping  (Read 813 times)

Offline OliverRowland

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:08:28 am »
Hello,
my 10month old has suddenly started rolling over and sleeping on his tummy.  nose a little too close to bed surface for my liking so I rolled him back over.  is it safe at this stage?  freaking out a bit as i was up a few times to check him last night. :( :( :( :(

Offline Katie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 99
    • Franzone Family Blog
Re: sudden tummy sleeping
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:20 am »
hello my lo has slept on her tummy since around 6 months.... once she could roll there she never looked back LOL... I am not sure what others will say but i am of the opinion if they can get themselves there they can easily roll back etc.... but in saying that we dont use blankets we use a gro bag so she couldnt get causght up in blankets etc.  HTH

Katie xx

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: sudden tummy sleeping
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 10:47:09 am »
Imo at 10months it is definitely safe. From the time they can roll back and forth its safe (which is usually around 6months). Isabella started sleeping on her stomach from 9months and to this day prefers that position over others. At the start I was a little worried myself. I looove sleeping on my stomach so I figure some babies have that preference as well.

Honestly, nothing to worry about. He is old enough to move his head from side to side if he is having difficulty breathing.
Layla :-*

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline OliverRowland

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 17:40:48 pm »
thanks gals!  All i need is a bit of reassurance.  It is freaking me out as he is starting just when he has a cold...so wanted to make sure nasal passages and mouth not obstructed more than they are already! :P :P :P :P