Author Topic: 4hr EASY for a 2 month old?  (Read 988 times)

Offline PandaBean

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • My Blog!
4hr EASY for a 2 month old?
« on: April 05, 2007, 21:12:49 pm »
At 8 weeks old today, Amelia fell right into a 4 hour EASY routine as if she had read the book herself!  Is this ok?  She's been taking 6oz at every feed and she seems perfectly fine, so I would assume that means she's doing great and this may be the way to go for her.
I suppose I'm looking for a little reasurance.  Does anyone else have such a young one on a 4hr routine?

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: 4hr EASY for a 2 month old?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 22:09:00 pm »
I personally would say that if she isn't overtired, is sleeping well at night and is getting enough food than she's fine.  I know the book reccomends 4 months for the 4 hour EASY but every baby is different (mine didn't switch over until 4.5/5 months). 
I would reccomend watching your lo closely over the next week and just make sure things are going well.  Congrats!

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline jeweller

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 18:45:29 pm »
Hi, I have the same question - my 9 week old LO (13 lb) has fallen very easily into 4 hour cycle (I am breast feeding) and is happy and content, the only part of the day that is less than ideal is the evening when he is more cranky than usual so I was wondering if that is an obvious side effect of putting him on a 4 hour cycle. I would ideally like to stick to 4 hour cycle rather than change all his established habits to 3 hours (especially as it has taken all this time but breast feeding is finally going well). Does anyone have any advice?

Offline Grace's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
Re: 4hr EASY for a 2 month old?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 18:50:32 pm »
At that age most babies go through a cranky period and that may be what is happening.

How does your little do at night?  Is it hard for him to go to sleep at night?  Does he sleep well or is he really restless?

Can you post your routine?  Thanks.  :D
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline jeweller

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 19:16:50 pm »
I have been following EASY loosely since birth but have decided to tighten it upso I have been filling in a log for about a week to see what my LO does. After seeing his clear 4 hour cycle I am uneasy about changing eveything to 3 hours. I can't give timings as haven't started yet, but the evenings are a concern - by doing 4 hr cycle not 3 hr will it make last cycle more diffilcult for my LO and me  - he currently has 2 x 2 and a half hour sleeps in the day and cat nap in eve, this is really regular and reliable, I don't want to mess that up but will it make for a demanding evening as my LO will in effect have longer to sleep in day but have less in eve?