Author Topic: Not sure if milk allergy...  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
Not sure if milk allergy...
« on: May 05, 2007, 16:09:05 pm »
My 10 month old DS has thrown up 2x this week.  The first was after a cheesy pasta dinner and the second was after a serving of veggies.  He's had the veggies before with no reaction.

My question is this.  About 5 or 6 days ago, he began having yogurt about every day for lunch.  It has been helping a lot with his constipation.  He's never thrown up the yogurt, but I'm concerned that it could be a reaction to a milk allergy?  His Dr changed him to soy formula when he was 2 months old due to a rash on his face.

If it is a milk allergy, would he throw up the yogurt or not necessarily?  Not sure what to do or if I should be concerned about him throwing up at all?  Otherwise he doesn't act sick.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Not sure if milk allergy...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 01:13:54 am »
Hard to say - could he have a stomach bug? Maybe try again and see?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 11:43:25 am »
He threw up his dinner again last night. 

If it were a milk allergy, wouldn't he throw up the yogurt?  He's never done that.

Offline Ydnic

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Cheese!!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 14:59:21 pm »
Well, I have an appointment for Matthew to see the Dr today!  He's been vomiting more and more, and we're going to get to the bottom of this!

C

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 16:51:46 pm »
If the vomiting is increasing it could be a milk allergy (if stomach bugs, etc are ruled out). Some babies can tolerate yogurt but not drink milk, etc. Keep us posted!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01