Author Topic: Dropping to 1 bottle - only 10months old  (Read 611 times)

Offline Loube

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Dropping to 1 bottle - only 10months old
« on: May 05, 2007, 19:28:45 pm »
Hi There,

Has anyone had a LO drop to only 1 bottle this young? He is teething at the mo with a very large ulcer on his top lip and I'm hoping its just due to that, but he did drop to bottles at an early age too so I'm unsure. If he does go to just 1 bottle what is my priority calcium or fluid? He's a great at drinking out of a sippy cup and a straw cup and he has lots of calcium as he loves yogurts, cereal and milky puddings. Should I add vitamin drops?

Thanks

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: Dropping to 1 bottle - only 10months old
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 10:26:10 am »
I do think that at 10 months he may be a bit young to drop to just 1 bottle, but you know your lo better than anyone else.

I would keep an eye on him at this stage, once the ulcer has healed and the teething has stopped for a bit, see how he is with the 2 bottles again.

Both the calcium and liquid intake are equally important.  If your lo is not taking much milk, I would make sure you up the calcium intake with cheese, yogurts, milk in cooking and cereal as well as custards etc.

I would ensure that you have a sippy of juice / water (whichever your lo drinks) available at all times to ensure that your lo is drinking enough.

HTH's
Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007