Author Topic: Taking 45min- 1hr to fall asleep  (Read 849 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Taking 45min- 1hr to fall asleep
« on: May 13, 2007, 04:28:05 am »
Hi there! It has been a while since I have visited this site. My bub is 20 mths and seems to be going through a stage or in need of an schedule adjustment. I am not sure which.

His routine varies a bit, but a typical day looks like this:

7:15 wake
12:15 lay down
12:30/12:45 ish sleep

2:45 ish sleep (typically 2hrs)

8:00 Bed

He has been taking 45-1hr to fall alseep for bed and is still waking up in the morning at his usual time. I feel bad for leaving him in there, but he is not unhappy (thank goodness). He is just talking to himself. Is this normal? I was thinking of cutting his nap a bit, but I know he will be a HUGE crab pants if I do.
What do you think?

Offline *Kimberly*

• Showing Appreciation 45
Re: Taking 45min- 1hr to fall asleep
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 04:56:21 am »
My lo does the same thing on occasion and I always worry that I am a bad mommy for leaving him in his crib for so long.  My belief is that as long as he is happy and content it is okay.   :-*  That being said, maybe he is ready to extend his A time a little? 

Offline Layla

• Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 04:59:27 am »
Honestly, his routine looks great.... all you can do is try to cut the nap at 1.5hrs and see if that helps. Otherswise, I am not sure what else it could be. Has he been doing this for a while?

Mine takes anywhere from 20-30mins to fall asleep and some just need to do their own winding down before they close their eyes. If its not having an effect on night sleep or naps (that is, he's not going towards the ot state), then I would let him be.

hth a little
Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:12:32 am »
Thanks ladies! Gage has fought his naps twice in last couple of weeks which is soooo unlike him, and that is why I was wondering if he needed more A time. Or maybe this is just a stage, and he is just exerting his independence ::) Oh, he has been teething as well. Gosh, there is just so many factors, who knows. I guess I will just see what happens next and roll with the punches.  :) Thanks again!