Author Topic: I've had to restart the night feed and am soooooo disappointed with myself!!  (Read 2436 times)

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
........I'm still looking for my own nighttime miracle....oh how i feel fed up and so disppointed. 

Finlay is now 91/2 months, and i now believe that he is so dependent on me to put him back to sleep despite trying not to dash in.  But.....i re-introduced the bottle a few nights ago because he was waking for up to 1-1/2 hours at night until i tried giving him a feed and he went straight back to sleep and has done so the last couple of nights. By my past experience of other kids, he's not a great eater and he won't take anymore than what he needs to get by.  He doesn't eat with gusto if you know what i mean!! ...............sigh

you know when you just feel.......sh*! and i honestly feel like he's going to be that kid that wakes up every night til he's 5!!!

looking for love and guidence!!!
Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Debbie, you can have all the love you want  :-*  :-*  :-*

Have I told you lately how stunning that Fin is??

So when you offer the bottle at night, does he take a whole feed? Perhaps he's having a growth spurt.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Sending love  :-* :-* :-*
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

daybyday

Debbie..I'm going to second Stacy...she made a lot of great points! And if he's taking a full feed...sounds like he's hungry!

and admit...I am bfing, but we still have a night feed, and I have no intention of fighting to get rid of it....we have too many other issues LOL...and my DS kept his night feed (I was combo at 9.5 months) until just after a year...

Keep up the great work! and don't feel badly at all....

:-*

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
god.......now i truly know why i continue to come to these boards nightly!!!!  Thankyou so very much for your lovely words, ladies.  It makes life a little easier to do what you think is the best approach to get through the night and be supported!!

Jessica....i LOVE you!!!  i have been waiting for an opportunity to say just how i love your new avatar and your son just absolutley cracks me up.....he's prozac in a picture...always makes me smile!  Fin is draining a full bottle, 8oz  ::) ::) i know in my heart that he is hungry, he chews his hand when he wakes up and i've been denying him his bottle thinking, he just cannot be hungry....mmmmmm how wrong i am!!

Stacy... thank you for your lovely words... i think i have to remember just because some books and friends say he shouldn't be eating thru the night etc...not all of our babes go by the book, do they?!! but thank you again.. :-*

and thank you, day-by-day for seconding!!! ;) ;D..it's nice to know i'm not the 'only' one up snuggling!!!
Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
I love you too Debbie!!!  ;D   Glad that Colin can make you feel better.

Wow, if he's draining an 8oz bottle then by all means feed him. Some LOs really don't go by the book and that's okay!! Don't beat yourself up over it. BW is about meeting everyone's needs and respect, so just go with it Debbie.  :-*  :-*
Jessica

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
Thanks Jess, give Colin a  :-* from me for making me feel better and making me smile!!
Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
How are things going?
Jessica

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
....a bit of a nightmare really, Jess. He's been so unsettled the past two nights...sigh...waking several times and i'm sure it's a bit of habit and knowing that i'll go in to him with the bottle. He's a little sod with eating during the day but Fraser noticed today that he ate loads more if in front of the TV.. ::)  He has a will of steel!! (no idea who he takes after   :P ??? ;D)  He's also started to poo again at 5am-ish after his midnight snack and if i feed him at this time he sometimes goes back to sleep until 7ish but not all the time.  I'm giving him aptamil first....do you think the 2nd stage is the way forward? just worried it will constipate him.

How's my lovely, lushous Colin?!

Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
Oh Debbie I'm sorry  :(  what does he have going on developmentally? Could he be teething?

Colin is well, now. I can't call him spot anymore!  ;D
Jessica

Offline desperste housewife

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hi was reading thro and thought id reply, my daughter will be 2 in 4wks and is STILL wakin in the night around 2am for a feed yet she doesnt have any bottles in the day and has a milky hot chocolate b4 bed, ive tried just tryin 2 sooth her 2 sleep but really only the bottle gets her back off 2 sleep. maybe its a habit i just need 2 break?  :-*

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
H'ya Jessica, there's been a lot going on developmentally these past 6 weeks or so... he's learnt to crawl like lightening, pulling himself up and he's nearly walking..at 91/2 months!!! and he's also got 4 teeth coming thru at the top  so, you've probably hit the nail on the head, he's done so much!! ::)  Anyhow, the last couple of nights haven't been too bad.  He's taken the bottle and gone straight back to sleep which i can cope with and maybe i'll start watering it down again........oohhhhh it sends shudders when i think of the withdrawal!!! ;D ;D  Hope you're ok xx

Hi desparate housewife, welcome to these fabulous boards!!, now i'm no expert at this but at two it does sound like the bottle at 2am is a habit particularly as it's the same time every morning.  I think you would be best to post on the toddlers board and maybe toddler eating/discipline....i know i sound like i'm fobbing you off but i too am at a loss! ;D ;D...and mine is only 91/2 months!!....if you crack your 2am waking let me know how you did it!!!!! xx

Debbie xx
Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
My oh my Debbie, that IS a lot!!!  :o
Jessica

Offline finlays mam

• BW Devotee
Yeah Jess....tell me about it!!! by the way, having just re-read your post, has Colin been unwell, Spots???...chicken pox?
Debbie

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
No chicken pox, but it turns out he's allergic to the penicillin family. A rash!!!
Jessica