Author Topic: Dropping DF without causing night wakings  (Read 669 times)

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Dropping DF without causing night wakings
« on: May 21, 2007, 14:35:48 pm »
Sahria is currently having a DF at around 10pm each night and I want to drop it ! however she going to bed at 6pm due to nap problems at the moment  ::) so it seems like too long to expect an 8mth old to go without a feed, so should I just accept the DF for a while longer till the naps are under control (they are my fault due to her being an angel and a busy schedule) and bedtime is back to 7.30pm or do I drop the DF and see what happens ? at the moment she is waking around 3 - 5 am and not settling well unless she is given a bottle - so she is going 6 - 7 hours each night, although her solids dont seem to be as "well received" at least once per day so I guess I need to tweak the routine or something

However I still need to know whether I should drop the DF or keep it going for a little longer

TIA
Kaela xx
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline rach

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 322
Re: Dropping DF without causing night wakings
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 14:58:07 pm »
Cam never took to the DF and so he never had it, but with Charlotte I reduced the DF gradually and increased her daytime bottle to accommodate so that she was still getting the same amount.  Because I took my time about it, she never woke up for it/never missed it.

HTHs

xx
Rach xx