Author Topic: not drinking enough milk from a sippy  (Read 1092 times)

Offline pawre

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 24, 2007, 05:37:49 am »
In 6 days my DD will be 1 (can't believe it!)

I bf in AM and PM.  She's been drinking from a straw cup for ages now and I don't want to bring out the bottles again.

I'm wanting to drop the AM bf.  It seems she's not too bothered to be weaned.  She only drank 30ml though.  Needless to say, I'm worried about her milk intake.  I just felt like bringing out the breast!   Is this what happens usually?  Any suggestions?

I really don't think she's getting enough milk in the day.  I included the 100ml for breakfast cereal and a pm bf.  It doesn't add up to the pint she's supposed to be getting....

thanks!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: not drinking enough milk from a sippy
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 18:01:35 pm »
Hi pawre, have you posted in breastfeeding? You also might check out the thread for extended nursing as well.

I don't have any BFing experience myself, but my advice to you would be to keep offering the cup in the morning. Any change takes a little time.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Messa

• Showing Appreciation 111
  • Simply Gorgeous!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 18:10:36 pm »
You said that she is driking from a straw cup right?  Are you giving her milk in that, or are you trying to get her to use the "traditional" sippy.  If she takes milk from a straw cup I say go for it (thats what my DD uses)  Also just keep offering it to her.  My DD drinks her milk at mealtimes.  HTH
Melissa

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 23:28:55 pm »
We offer a milk sippy at breakfast, lunch and dinner and a sippy of water/juice at snack time. 

My dd, when we switched to regular milk at 1 only drank about 4oz a day. :o ::)  I was nervous at first but after about a month her intake began to increase. :)  There are days where she'll down the milk and other days she doesn't want too much.  I kind of stopped worrying too much as I knew she'd be fine and it would all even out. I just make sure to offer her one yogurt a day and some cheese.  They also get calcium from most greens, tofu, etc. 

Best of luck with the weaning.  :-*

Melissa
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 13:17:51 pm by Grace's Mom »
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/