Author Topic: Shh-Pat doesn't work anymore at nap time  (Read 906 times)

Offline Serides

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 01, 2007, 08:39:34 am »
My LO one is almost 7mo. Until the beginning of this week shh-pat was working properly. However now it is not working at all. And as he is not crying I don't make PU/PD. He is playing in his bed, smiling, screaming and playing with anything he finds aroud. If I leave him on his own then he begins to cry. then I go in and sit near to his bed. As he doesn't get sleep for more than 30-45 minutes I afraid to miss nap time and take him to settle him in my arms on the rocking chair and before he falls asleep I put him in his bed so that he fall asleep in his bed. What should I do to make him sleep on his own at the nap time?

Offline malialeanne

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Really, mom? More pictures?
Re: Shh-Pat doesn't work anymore at nap time
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 15:45:31 pm »
Hi. It may be that A times need adjusting. Can you post your routine so we can take a look?
Malia

Offline Serides

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 16:32:22 pm »
Let me tell you the routine from today as the exact times are changing according to at what time he wakes.

this morning as he is doing most of the mornings hw woke at 6:00 am and slept until 7:30 on the rocking chair in daddy's arms

E 7:30 BF
A
S 10:10 (went bed at 9:30 played 30 minutes I gave up settled in my arms and put back in his bed.)

E 11:40 BF
A
E 12:30 ~3-4 tablespoon soup with yogurt
A
S 14:10

E 15:15 BF
A
E 17:30 ~half an apple with baby biscuits

18:30 bath
18:45 BF
19:00 bed

It is 19:35 and daddy is still trying to make him sleep

I will give DF at 22:30

Offline malialeanne

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 19:46:21 pm »
Hello there. With so little daytime sleep he's probably quite overtired by the end of the day, making it harder for him to fall asleep.

Many los at 7 months can handle around 3 hours A time. Since he's being put down for nap 1 after 2 hours and playing for 40 minutes before sleeping, it sounds like he's not ready to nap after just 2 hours. I would try extending A times to get close to 2.75 (first A time) up to 3 hours (other A times). It sounds like he can handle being up that long.

How long have you been using shhh/pat?
Malia

Offline Serides

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 17:51:06 pm »
Hello,

I'm using shh-pat since he is 2,5 mo. Today we were out for breakfast and he slept at the second end of second hours A time (first A time of the day). And then he played for 40 minutes in the second nap and 1 hour at bedtime.

He woke at 3:30 pm from second nap and I put him to the bed at 7:00 so that he wouldn't be overtired. However he played for 1 hour in his bed and then slept.

If he will have 3 hours A time then I don't think that he will sleep as 3 hours A time and 1,5 hour sleep time makes 4,5 hours in total which will be more than 4 hours which he is used to be fed. In case I follow your suggestion how would I adjust E time?

Offline malialeanne

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 20:48:31 pm »
Hi there. When A times are 3 hours, babies go to two naps and are taking solids, so the time between milk feeds sometimes does increase to over 4 hours. However, they would generally be getting a "meal" of solids around 1 - 1.5 hours after bf, so they are only going 3 - 3.5 hours between feedings.

Here is a link to sample EASY routines for 6-9 months, I think you will find it useful:

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10386.0

HTH!

Malia
Malia