Poll

Cluster Feed query

Dream Feed
0 (0%)
Cluster Feed
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Advice/Help with E.A.S.Y.  (Read 775 times)

Offline karenb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 06, 2007, 16:07:34 pm »
Can anyone please point me in the right direction.  I started using EASY when my lo was 3 weeks old.   I do the cluster feed and then the dream feed and out lo still gets up at between 3-3.30am and then again at around 7am.  During the day I have difficulty in getting her to wake for all feeds and she therefore will not take her full feed and hence there is no activity even when I change her nappy she sometimes still sleeps.  I am getting quite frustrated.  Has anyone any suggestions.

Thanks

karenb

Offline hatshetsut

• Formerly hollyj
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
  • Peekaboo!
    • Global Tots Travel Blog
Re: Advice/Help with E.A.S.Y.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 16:53:28 pm »
Karen, how old is your DD now? To be honest one night feeding for a little baby isn't bad! Also, what does your routine look like during the day?
Abigail - Defines Spirited! - 5-1-06

Katherine - Is a mystery wrapped in a cute package - 4-13-10

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 17:54:41 pm »
I agree, 1 night feeding is great!  Most lo's have at least one night feed until 6 months of age and then some babies need one a bit further on down the road, usually bf babies. 

Definitely post your routine and we should be able to help things get situated.

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/

Offline karenb

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 08:53:49 am »
Melissa

Our day usually starts at 7am where my lo will have a feed. I am sticking to the 3 hour easy due to her age (6 weeks).  I do a cluster feed at 6pm and 8pm with her bedtime routine being at 6pm.  I don't bath her every night as recommended by the hv.  She does sometimes take a while to go down at 6pm even after she has had a bath.  I then do a dream feed between 10.30 - 11.00pm.  She then wakes between 3-4am everyday.  Having read my book further I seem to think that she may now be in the habitual sleeper/waker stage. She does not always take her full bottle and does not seem bothered and falls to sleep whilst you are feeding her.  Having read some of the other posts on the mess board some people have said that the dream feed has not worked for them.  I tried this last night.  Her last feed was 8pm and she did not wake til 3.40am then again at 8.10am which I was quite happy about and when she did wake at 8.10am she was hungry and took her feed very well.  I am considering 'dropping' the dream feed to see if this works or whether this was just a one off fluke.

Cheers

Karen

Offline Grace's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 142
  • Oh Trader Joes, How I Love You
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:24:33 pm »
If you want to try dropping the df give it about a week for her system to even all out.  It's takes a good 3-5 days for lo's bodies to adjust to change.  So before making any final decisions give it some time.  :)  Let us know how it goes.

At  6 weeks a df plus one night waking is still really, really good.  If you stop the df and she starts waking up twice to eat I would possibly go back to doing the df to make it easier to wean later on down the road. 

Melissa
I am so in love with my husband and adore my precious Grace

Grace April 2006
Blog: http://graceadelyn.blogspot.com/