Author Topic: Re: Is a 4:30am feed considered a night feed?  (Read 846 times)

Offline kazza12

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Is a 4:30am feed considered a night feed?
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:51:41 am »
So nice to hear that I am not the only one getting up at 4.30am! I have started patting my 9month old back to sleep which has worked in the past (If I can get in to her in time). Normally it puts it back to sleep for another 45min - 1 hour but I am stuck for what to do with her at 5.30am. Any tips. Do I feed her or try to extend it out to 6/6.30am? :-\

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: Is a 4:30am feed considered a night feed?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 21:31:36 pm »
Hi there & welcome :)

I split your post so that more people can take a look.... I hope you don't mind :)

Could you tell me what her daytime schedule looks like (feeds, naps, etc...)? Does she fall asleep independantly for naps?

Layla

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline kazza12

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Re: Is a 4:30am feed considered a night feed?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:54:49 am »
Since posting my query she has slept later each morning; 5am yesterday and today she work at 5.20am.  We quietly played in her room until 6am when I BF her. Fingers crossed by tomorrow we may hit the 6am mark!!!

Daytime schedule normally looks like:
6am - BF
7.30am - breakfast (solids)
9am - nap
10:30 - wake
11.00 - snack
12.30 - lunch
1/2pm (depending on morning nap) - nap
3.30pm - wake
4pm - snack
5.30 - dinner
6.30 - bath
7.30 - sleep

In the times when I can't get my act together I bring her into bed with us at 4.30am and she would sleep until 7am.
This has been going on for about 2 weeks due to cold and teething. She is very flexible and adaptable to change so since her teething has calmed down last week and we seem to be getting back out night time sleep I have stopped bringing her in.  She is pretty laid back doesn't fuss too much if you keep her distracted if she misses a nap or if I try to string out a feed.

She falls asleep in the cot with my hand on her back or pp/shh. She has always fallen asleep in the cot this way since she was 3 months old (thanks to Tracy). She only started sleeping through (pp/shh model used again thank you) for the past6 weeks and then we hit the cold season and the top teeth moving down. Apart from the mother created problem of feeding her in bed at early times in the morning I wonder if she is also going through separation anxiety as if I leave the room she is hysterical and if I go back in and put my hand on her back she lies down and go to sleep. She also wakes up hysterically from her naps even if I leave a soft book or toy or book to play with when she wakes up.