Author Topic: Does your M(S)PI baby poop a LOT?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline JMac31

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Does your M(S)PI baby poop a LOT?
« on: September 12, 2010, 00:44:49 am »
 :-[ haha, sorry for the TMI post, just curious more than anything! Dd has ALWAYS been a frequent pooper, having a bm with every feed up until she was 2 months old (so 8 poops a day) and now she has reduced it slightly but we are still at 5 or 6 a day!! She is 4.5 months old. Her bm's have always been very loose, sometimes they are still mucousy even though I try very hard to avoid all dairy. I think she MAY also be slightly intolerant to soy. Anyway, just wondering if this is an MSPI trait or just a trait my daughter is lucky enough to have, lol!?

scarlettsmom

Re: Does your M(S)PI baby poop a LOT?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 15:02:27 pm »
Hi there,
You know, I have heard both ways with mspi.....can have frequent stools, or can be constipated.  My DD2 went quite a lot personally!  But I think it can depend.....

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:40:57 am »
We have gotten both, when she was tiny she got so constipated that it was like a hard rabbit poo! Now she leans more to the loose end of things, but I have no idea if it is hidden dairy causing it or not.  We may be trying a gluten free and dairy free diet, in which case I will be cracking down on all the hidden dairy and we will see if it makes a difference at the other end!
Heidi

Offline ccg01

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 19:34:20 pm »
Quite frequent and the same age as your LO. :) From what my very foggy memory tells me, his older brother (no signs of any sort of MSPI or other intolerance) was the same way, though.

LucysMommy

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 21:29:19 pm »
My DD now 13 months has always pooped a lot and with gusto!  At your DD's age she sounds like about the same as my DD at that time.