Author Topic: Advice for naps  (Read 7866 times)

Offline mamatolevi

• Naps
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Re: Advice for naps
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 20:41:54 pm »
For me, 35 min is OT, but it could be different for Alyssa. What was her mood when she woke?
Nikki

scucci1979

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 21:15:07 pm »
She wakes up crying no matter what her nap length is, even if it is two hours. When I walk into the nursery and she sees me, she begins to smile. I think she wakes up crying b/c she is a tummy sleeper and when she wakes up she is confused.  ???  I think I am going to leave her second A at 1hr and 50 min and go in at the 30min mark to HTTJ.  I wonder if that is the magic number. This morning's A was 2hr and 5min and she went down so easy.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 21:21:29 pm by Sabs »

scucci1979

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2010, 14:51:37 pm »
 This morning I put her down at the two hour mark and she fell asleep 15min later.  She fussed a little but with a little pat on her bum she fell asleep. Am I putting her down too late ? The unfortunate part is that I can't stay in her nursery until she falls asleep as her sister comes to me, pulls my leg and says "up, up!" :-[  Will be going to her room in thirty minutes help her sleep a little longer.
update: she slept for 1.5hours. Second nap was 35 min, with a 2hr A.I just don't get her.

Could it be that b/c I give her the paci at 5am, that she is getting confused? Trying to figure out why the days fall apart :'(
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 18:57:06 pm by Sabs »

Offline mamatolevi

• Naps
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 03:31:49 am »
The second nap is always the hardest for me too. Did you try shortening the second A?
Nikki

scucci1979

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:32 pm »
I did try shortening it, but am wondering if it is her reflux bothering her. Also, I wonder if it is b/c I have been giving her the paci in the early morning hours and that is giving her mixed messages. Oh boy, did I get myself in one fine mess.

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 02:47:19 am »
It could be her reflux...I've been wondering that lately.  When's the last time you've tweaked her medication?

One the bright side, her first nap is a GOOD one!!!  So take comfort in that success :D 

About the paci...I thought you had weaned it??  Or are you just using it for nights?  I just remember that you had a paci thread and just want to make sure I know where you're going with it :)
*formerly tersaseda*

scucci1979

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 14:55:41 pm »
Her doc doesn't want to increase her meds.  >:( I was planning to mention it again at her 4month check up in a few weeks. 
Quote (selected)
About the paci...I thought you had weaned it?? 
I know! I know! She doesn't use for naps, only after her 5am feed.  She seems to have difficulty falling asleep after that. I was planning to do pu/pd but am so tired.

Offline oe

• Showing Appreciation 6
  • Pam
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 19:06:16 pm »
??? how's it going today? It seems it doesn't matter what I do, but I can't get O to sleep past 45mins.
Jacob, my little monkey - 03/19/2008
Owen, my gerber baby -  09/03/2010

scucci1979

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 23:15:02 pm »
morning nap was 30min. Second nap was 1hr and 45min and third nap was 1hr and 10min-me holding her.  I try to go to her room to HTTJ but  it only works 50% of the time. I really hope this is developmental.

Offline oe

• Showing Appreciation 6
  • Pam
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 00:01:50 am »
1hr 45 that is so good! Other ones not so much. I hope it is developmental too as it is driving me crazy! He has been sleeping for 30 mins so far right now, I have my fingers crossed, but I doubt it...

scucci1979

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 00:06:19 am »
Sometimes I am happy with 45min naps as opposed to 35min naps.  LOL

Good luck with the nap.

Offline AllyT

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 00:37:26 am »
Following along here ladies, as I'm dealing with the same short napping issues as well as trying to figure out the proper timing for my LO and decide if he's OT or UT.
He's the king of 30/45 minutes naps and where it was once quite easy to extend them, now he is really resisting that.

scucci1979

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 14:41:41 pm »
Grrr....Needed to get that off my chest.  ;D

Morning nap was a bust. It was 40min with an A of two hours. She was rubbing her eyes and yawning, so I put her down.  I went to HTTJ and I swear she didn't even jolt. Instead she turned her head from side to side and opened her eyes.   :-\  Try again next nap. 
Alyssa also resists nap extensions.

Offline oe

• Showing Appreciation 6
  • Pam
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 14:46:07 pm »
well yest the nap was 45 as usual... and he was up all night, has a cold, isn't eating... ugh! there is always something.
nap extensions sometimes happen but not usually...

Offline AllyT

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 16:26:30 pm »
Sabs - when she wakes at 40 min is there any way you could pat/shh her back off? I know it's difficult with a toddler running around. I find I can only do it on days DS1 is out or at daycare (2 days a week).

We had a hideous day yesterday with very little sleep from noon on and the resulting night was terrible as well. I'm chalking it up to him getting his 4 mos shots and moving on. I won't jinx today, but so far so good. First nap was 1h45 after shh-ing halfway. He's down for #2 and it's been 1 hr so far, we'll see how it goes.