Author Topic: Advice for naps  (Read 7865 times)

Offline AllyT

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Advice for naps
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2011, 19:25:56 pm »
Ally, have you tried adding 5 mins?

My plan was to try that today, but then he woke at 510am and I nursed him but he never really went back to sleep properly. So when I got him up at 620am, I couldn't really figure out what to count as his wake up time. I must have fouled it up miserably, and here we are in the mess I posted previously. =/
If I can get a solid wake up time tomorrow and he has a half decent night, I plan to try to increase the A by 5 minutes tomorrow. Surely he should be able to do more than 1hr30min, right?

scucci1979

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2011, 20:45:27 pm »
I really hate those EWs.
Quote (selected)
I have to guess it might have something to do with the older siblings though. I know I mentioned before, but Owen is much more settled on days that DS1 is at daycare or out with DH. When he's home he always wants to involve DS2 in his play and even when he's just doing his own thing Owen is always watching him and so engaged in whatever's going on. Just too much stimulation maybe.
I couldn't agree more!

I just don't get it. She hasn't really found a technique to self soothing. I tried two lovies and she wants nothing to do with them. I am now on my third one, hoping she will become attached to it.  She sucks her fingers during A times, but when it comes to nap, she doesn't know how.  I really really hope six months is the magic number. 

Offline AllyT

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2011, 00:01:49 am »
That's strange about her fingers and not sucking during naps. I feel lucky that O at least has a good handle on his fingers, he loves to suck them and they calm him right down for the most part. I only have trouble once in a while when he gets really worked up and it's like he's so far beyond that he doesn't think to get them in his mouth.
Hopefully the lovies will kick in soon. I know DS1 got attach to his and still sleeps with them, but I can't remember what age that happened.

scucci1979

« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2011, 16:17:20 pm »
I also find it strange!  ::)

Do you ladies shorten the A when a nap is broken?

Offline AllyT

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2011, 16:54:37 pm »
I don't usually shorten it, because if I manage to resettle O it's usually a pretty quick process and he'll often go back off for over and hour (I hate to wake him from naps, even though I know that's not 'by the book'). Although if he's seems really sleepy or cranky I will.

So we had a solid wake up time of 7:30 this morning and I lengthened is A time from a usual 1h25min to just over 1h30min. He woke happy after 45 min so I think if I get another solid wake up time tomorrow I'll aim for 1h35min and see how that goes.
After not being able to resettle him this morning (too happy and alert for that to work makes me think he was UT for that nap), he's down for his second after an A time of 1h25min. Longer than I would have liked after the short nap, but errands kept me out. He's been down almost 45 minutes now, so we made it past the dreaded 30 minute mark, we'll see if he makes it through the transition. What a saga our lives are, eh?
Even if everything works out splendidly today, I may never be able to repeat it as DS1 is at daycare today, so not throwing in his usual monkey wrench. =)

scucci1979

« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2011, 17:56:47 pm »
Quote (selected)
What a saga our lives are, eh?
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Great job for making it past the 40min mark.  I am going to keep her second A at 2hrs and 10min then try W2S at the 20min mark, then go in her room at the 30min mark.  I hate this....... :'( This girl is driving me mad! She rolls onto her back and wakes up screaming.

Madison has been a monkey all morning. Fussing and crying for no reason. I can't wait until she starts Montessori.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 19:33:24 pm by Sabs »

Offline oe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • Pam
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2011, 19:46:54 pm »
hey guys. We had no computer for awhile but I am finally back. O has been doing a good morning nap but after that it usually sucks. I am going to ditch the swaddle this week, so I am sure it will make it worse, but I have to soon, as he is rolling... "sigh"
Jacob, my little monkey - 03/19/2008
Owen, my gerber baby -  09/03/2010

scucci1979

« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2011, 01:08:37 am »
Good luck Oe.