Author Topic: Selective eater +a very persistent toddler.How do you deal with it?  (Read 6837 times)

Offline Grants

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
  • Mr 'I know exactly what I want!'
Re: Selective eater +a very persistent toddler.How do you deal with it?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 19:36:29 pm »
Don't get me wrong I would still class M as a picky eater. But at least he is trying more things now whereas before he would not even touch them and his behaviour at meal times is amazingly better.  :) Tonight we had soup and he didn't eat it. He had 2 spoons and that was that. I'm happy that he at least tried it. Two spoons of soup is a victory compared to what we used to get. Even though he didn't eat he still sat at the table and waited for us to finish without drama. So this to me was a great dinner. :D I had to give him some toast with his milk plus a apple 40 mins after dinner as I knew he would be hungry at BT. I don't like giving him food after dinner but I had to. I just hope he doesn't pick up on it and starts to avoid dinner knowing that he will get more food later  :-\

Offline HarrietsMum

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My cheeky monkey
Re: Selective eater +a very persistent toddler.How do you deal with it?
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2011, 13:36:25 pm »
Not sure if this of any help but my sister and her husband did some research when their kids were fussy eaters and they read that their taste buds can change from 18 months and food starts to taste more bitter.  It is meant to improve at around 4 years of age (their eldest now eats almost everything at 4!).  Might explain why some children suddenly become fussy.