Author Topic: Advice Please...  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Jodileen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Have 2 beautiful boys xxx
Advice Please...
« on: May 02, 2012, 19:40:35 pm »
Hi there,

I have a three week old boy who seems to get awfully mixed up in the mornings and at night. I need some advice on what I am doing wrong and what i can do to make this better:

He is taking 3ozs each feed. In the mornings he wakes at 6 and i put him back down as if it was at night. He only stays asleep for an hour  and then wakes again. #he then takes another bottle roughly 3 hours from the last but then wants more about 2 hours or slightly less than that. #he is then hard to settle for the rest of the morning but eventually does.

He then goes three hours from last feed and then usually three hours onto next.

After around the 4pm he naps but then at around 6 he looks for another bottle. He then becomes very unsettled. I bath or change him ready for bed for 7pm. Once down he takes a good hour or so to settle into a sleep. He has a soother which i use but it comes out of his mouth every two seconds so i find myself just staying in the room until he has dropped off. I usually have to finish him off with a bottle to make him drop off.

He then wakes at 10/11 for next feed.

What am i doing wrong? I know i am not doing this right so need some guidance please.

J x
Love my boys very much xxx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Advice Please...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 19:49:38 pm »
It's ok.... slow down you have a brand new baby boy to get to know and enjoy - you are doing nothing wrong!! ;D ;D Congrats by the way!

Let's see - he sounds like he is doing really well so far, most people don't start worrying about EASY until they are a bit bigger so well done to you!

If he is waking at 6am then I would start the day then, give him his feed and do a little bit of A time and put him back down so he will be back asleep around 7am. You may be finding the rest of the morning unsettled because he is ready to start the day at 6. It's ok if some of his feeds are closer together as you are following his cues as all good BW's do ;)

Wanting to fgeed at 4pm and 6pm is good - many babies naturally cluster in the evening which helps tank them up for the night. If he is awake at 6am then you want to get him down for nightsleep by about 6pm as a 12 hour day night is ideal.

Have you tried pat/shh to settle him? If not I will post the links!

Laura

Offline Jodileen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 19:56:23 pm »
Hi Laura,

Thanks for the advice. no not heard of pat/shh. Also, sometimes he is very sleepy after feeds during the day so sometimes the Activity is being missed out..any advice

J

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 20:22:07 pm »
feeds and a nappy change and a bit of looking round is enough a time for this age. a time is normally around 1 hour at this age

cut  yourself a break, enjoy this tiny guy, and follow his cues with a loose easy rhythm. aim for eat after sleep and you'll be setting him on the right track!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Jodileen

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 22:01:15 pm »
Great thank you so much