Author Topic: 10 month old EWing  (Read 5487 times)

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
10 month old EWing
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:24:37 pm »
Emily is 10 months old and keeps waking up earlier and earlier :(

She switched to formula about a month ago and since then, she has been a great sleeper (at least in comparison to what she was!). However, we sort of went from the 3-2 to the 2-1 overnight and I'm am lost.

So here is her routine:

Wake and feed: 5:30am
E: 7 solids
S: 9:00-10:30 (sometimes only an hour)
E: 10:30 bottle
E: 12pm solids
S: 2-3:30 or 4
E: 4pm bottle
E: 5pm solids
BT and bottle: 7:15

Maybe this needs to be in naps :-\ When I type it out, it sounds like the first naps needs to be cut to brig BT back and make our day closer to 12hrs.

Given all these short nights and she still wakes at least twice a night to eat, her day is starting not to look like that at all. So we are getting OT for sure. And teething. I can finally see the start of her first tooth.

So I don't know what I'm looking for :-\ I guess some sort of a game plan as to keeping we out of the OT loop!

Really don't know where this belongs now, please feel free to move.

Thanks!

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
Re: 10 month old EWing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 00:20:30 am »
Today looked like:

Wake: 5:05am
S: 8:35-10am
S: 1:20-2:15 with a resettle at 35min so OT I guess
BT: asleep by 6:15pm

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:08:59 am »
Hi Jenn :)

I think that yes, she's OT, especially based on today. In your first post, the day is really long, almost 14 hr. Some LOs are still able to do two 1.5 hr naps on a 13 hr day at this age. So, what if you tried that first. Her last A is pretty long at over 3 hr, and almost 4 if she's only done a 1.5 hr nap. I think pulling that back might help with the OT.

How about something like this:
W 5:30 am
A
S 9:00 - 10:30 am
A
S 2:00 - 3:30 pm
A
BT 6:30 pm

And then hopefully after a few good nights, you could move everything by 15 min or so forward until you get to where you want.

When I type it out, it sounds like the first naps needs to be cut to brig BT back and make our day closer to 12hrs.
I think this would be the case if she didn't already have age appropriate A times.  But, she does and also you noted that the first nap is only an hour on it's own sometimes, so it's already being 'cut' on its own, iyswim. 

And now that she's got teeth coming, I wouldn't try to do a whole lot of pushing ATM (however, I know I'm a bit biased when I say this as both mine have been a bit touchy while teething; some LOs I'm sure do fine with a push).

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 15:27:59 pm »
Thanks for replying Katie :-* That makes sense. I've screwed us up for today :(

She woke at 5:15am and I put her down at 8:35 for a sleep which was too early and she only napped 45minutes. So it's 9:20 and she's already finished her first nap. Ugh.

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 16:24:30 pm »
jenn, you haven't screwed up. you can fit in a lunchtime nap and a pm acatnap for sure!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 19:07:35 pm »
Okay seriously, I'm so lost! She is crawling around her crib, happy as can be, like she just drank a cup of coffee and it's been 3hr 50 min since her 45 min nap ??? Confused.

Offline katie80

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 19:39:56 pm »
I've screwed us up for today :(
Nah, part of being a mom I'm afraid.  If I could only count how many times I've screwed us up. ;)

She is crawling around her crib, happy as can be, like she just drank a cup of coffee and it's been 3hr 50 min since her 45 min nap ??? Confused.
Sounds like she's hit her second wind and is a little OT loopy. :-\ Claire did that often as a baby. Could be the teeth too, they're famous for messing things up. ::)

Oh, and hi Lili... you're back to lilisuze. :)

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 21:41:11 pm »
I don't know Katie, she crashed at 3hr 55 min A time. Woke up after 45 min but I was able to resettle and she napped for a total of 2hr and 5 minutes. So today has looked like:

Wake: 5:15
Nap: 8:35-9:20
Nap: 1:15-3:20 with a resettle at 45min

Would you still do a 3hr A time before bed or more? Is the A time before bed supposed to be less then all the others? I always have kept it exactly the same :-\

Offline katie80

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 00:21:58 am »
Not a bad day after all, then. :)

Would you still do a 3hr A time before bed or more? Is the A time before bed supposed to be less then all the others? I always have kept it exactly the same :-\
I would still do a 3 hr A before bed. She's had a lot of A time already, so I don't think she would need more. I don't think it has to be less (or equal or more), all LOs are different. I tend to look at the day as a whole, but neither of my kids have ever really fought bedtime (unless OT ::)).

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:56 am »
A 3 hour A time worked perfectly. She went straight to sleep! Let's see what happens overnight now!

Thanks so much for helping me Katie and Lili :-*

Oh, Emily started taking a few steps by herself today which I'm expecting to mess us p tomorrow when she figures out she can do that in her crib, lol :P

Offline katie80

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 03:14:30 am »
 :-* :-* :-*

Oh, Emily started taking a few steps by herself today which I'm expecting to mess us p tomorrow when she figures out she can do that in her crib, lol :P
Ha, little stinker. Good thing she's so cute! ;)

Offline lilisuze

• Showing Appreciation 46
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 11:22:43 am »
yeah for some steps! hope you had a good night. development changes always mess up here for sure.

yes, back to lilisuze now, it was only a temporary id  change!
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 12:03:03 pm »
She woke up at 11:15pm for a feed (which is rediculous :P ) and then woke at 5:30am so that was great. The time between BT and that first NF, she always wakes up a ton but is usually able to self settle. But she wakes probably 6 times :-\

Offline katie80

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 18:19:38 pm »
The time between BT and that first NF, she always wakes up a ton but is usually able to self settle. But she wakes probably 6 times :-\
Hmmm, I don't know why she would be doing this.  Usually we'd say that's either discomfort or OT.  I wouldn't think she was OT yesterday.  She could be in some discomfort with the teeth, but if it's always been the case, then I don't know. :-\

After I thought about this some more and how well she did yesterday with the long A times, maybe you should think about pushing that morning A a little bit.  She may drop the EWing quicker if you start to give her a push.  Do you think she's ready to go beyond 3.5 hr?  Would you ideally like to do the short am, long pm route to one nap? 

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• So Big!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 18:55:15 pm »
I was wondering that this morning also, Katie, after putting her down at 3.5hr A time and she gave me a 45 min nap :-\ It seems like she needs a push. I will try that tomorrow. I do want to go the short am, long pm when we move to one nap.

As for the wakings before midnight, I don't know! She has ALWAYS done this. It could honestly just be that she is loud. She has been a loud sleeper since birth and maybe she is just making noises in her sleep ??? I dont know! I am medicating her as the tooth has just broken through. I know Ethan doesn't respond to pain meds at all though and neither do I so she might not also :-\ Not sure. Otherwise, she has reflux which does appear to flare up when she teeths so it could be that or the list of things she's intolerant too that we haven't figured out yet :P Mystery baby.