Author Topic: 10 month old Spirited Baby......help!!  (Read 11359 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 10 month old Spirited Baby......help!!
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2012, 19:27:32 pm »
Give it a good 3-5 days and try to go with EBT if your pm nap gets cut shorter than 1.5 hrs. If you start to get NW/EW or general fussiness thigh A times then you may need to offer a longer am nap for a cat h up day ;) :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline cath73

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2012, 11:50:53 am »
I just wanted to update you all.
We finally are getting into a good routine that works! have tweaked lots and lots but her days now look like this:
A 7am
S 9.30am (30 mins or 45 depending on how tired she is)
A 10 am
S 12.30pm
A 2.30pm
BT 7pm

BT are so much better now, she usually is settled within 5 mins and I don't need to stay with her :). Usually she gives an indignant shriek, and then mantra cries for a couple of minutes, then off to sleep. The only times we have issues are if she has a change of routine, or teething etc.

We have had to use white noise, she has a fan in her room that we now use for naps and BT, although have just ordered a CD of baby white noise as the fan uses so much electricity and its getting colder here too! It seems to be such a sleepy trigger for her, and it drowns out the noise of my toddler running about ;). She does have the very occasional long NW but they are definitely teething related, so at least there is a reason. Last night was the best night ever, 7pm till 7.15am without any NW at all :), plus she is getting her top canines through, so was expecting a tricky night ;D

So I know there will be ups and downs, but we seem to have cracked it so far.......I know that the 2-1 is not far off, but will try and keep 2 naps as long as we can.

Thank you to ZM, Smurfette and Skatty...............your advice has been soooo helpful :)

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 20:11:37 pm »
Wonderful :) great one figuring her out. Seems like you may have two naps for a While yet!
***Sara***

Offline skatty

• Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2012, 06:59:44 am »
That sounds perfect  :D
Katt

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2012, 11:38:09 am »
AWESOME!!!! Glad that she's finally settling down. Just remember to put her down to bed earlier for the night anytime you have a bad night the night before to keep her from building up OT.

Way to go!!! And thank YOU for being a wonderful mommy and sticking this out and trying so many things to get your daughter the sleep that she needs!

Offline rawan

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2015, 10:21:02 am »
Hello All I know it has a while since you all posted here but I find my DS is the same he is 10 month old spirited baby and he is crying every night before BT he doesn't self sooth and since his birth I had only a week of STTN which was only straight 9hrs and that was because I tried pupd which was working for only a week and then he got ill and teething and it got worse and I can't put him back on track again .. I am trying to do the pupd but it is not woeking at all and I know you should only use pd and put my hand and say night night but he gets worse and doesn't stop crying so I pat his touchy and he falls asleep then after few hrs he wakes up again and I do the same and rub his back and goes back to sleep And then another waking here I may say I do a ply AP which is I give up and breastfeed him to sleep .. I am in desperate need of help really I can't do anything around because I am too frustrated and super tired ..

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2015, 04:04:02 am »
Hey Hun, maybe post on one of the sleep or EASY board for more eyes x
***Sara***