Author Topic: 8m old NW at same time; btl to sleep? Good naps/EASY day  (Read 789 times)

Offline Ajustyna

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
8m old NW at same time; btl to sleep? Good naps/EASY day
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:59:02 am »
Hi,
I have an almost 8m old little boy who has recently started waking up a second time and will no go back to sleep until he gets a bottle (60-120ml). For the ast few weeks he has been getting up about once a night (around 5am), taking a small bottle and sleep till around 730. Last few days there is a second NW at 2-3am and he will not fall back asleep until he gets some milk. I feel like I'm starting a bad habit by giving him the bottle but I dont want to feel like I'm starving my baby.  He is eating alot during the day (on average 800-900ml of milk along with 2-3small meals. Here is our Easy:
 W-7
E-730
A-7-10
S-10-11:30

E-12
A-11:30-1430
S- 1430-1630

E-17
A1630-1930
S-bt between 1930-2000

His naps are usually between 1.5-2hrs. A time is consistently 3hours and by then he is showing many sleep signs. He eats his solids about 1 hour after his milk.

Should I continue giving him the second earlier bottle? I'm very surprised he is that hungry at night because before bed he drinks a large bottle (200-260ml). He will not fall asleep without it. Today I tried pu/pd as well as shhh/pat along with his pacifier for over an hour with no luck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 8m old NW at same time; btl to sleep? Good naps/EASY day
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:06:24 am »
My bet would be that he's undertired - he probably needs a bit of an A time increase, particularly in the morning.

Offline Ajustyna

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 16:15:34 pm »
What's the recommended A time for 8 months? I could probably push him  another 15 min but do you thinks that's why he's waking at night and won't go to bed till he gets a bottle? I will definately try!

Thanks!!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55:39 am »
Average A time at 8 months is generally between 3-4 hours (Average A times and "Is my baby ready to increase A time?") -- it could just be that he's awake and it's easier to go back to sleep on a full tummy so that's what he's fussing for.  Is his daytime intake the same as it's been?

Offline Ajustyna

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 14:10:19 pm »
Well yes and no.  At the beginning of March it was between 800-900ml a day, then middle of march he went up about 900-1050ml and then lately hes gone back down again. He was sleeping the whole night beginning of march and then middle of march he started waking up once a night which I though was normal.  He started waking up twice a night as of this past sunday so for 5 nights now.  I try to get him to eat more milk during the day but he usually refuses after he is full.  Last three nights I tried a few different things.  On tuesday he woke at 230 and i tried to get him to go back to sleep using my usual methods as well as just giving him water but nothing worked.  By 330am I gave him a diluted bottle (about 100ml) and he went straight to bed and woke a bit after 8. On wednesday he woke at 230 and had leaked through his diaper so I changed him and gave him a bottle (about 80ml) but he was so awake from being changed that he wouldnt go back to sleep.  Around 4 I gave him another bottle of 60ml and he fell asleep right after.  Last night he was stirring and waking up at 230.  I made him a bottle and fed it to him in his sleep and he just continued sleeping.  He then woke at 6am and got another bottle 60ml and slept till 830.  I dont know which approach is right.. 

I will trying increasing his A time today by 15minutes and try that for a few days.  My question now is..Do I push his bedtime later to accomodate the longer A time?
Mock EASY -
w/u - 8am
E-8am
A-8-11:15
S- 11:15-1315

E- 1315
A-1315-1630
S-1630-1730 (his second nap has been just over an hour for a while)

E-1730
A-1730-2030
S-2030

Does that look right?

Even now with our current EASY the latest he sleeps in the after noon is till 1700 and then bedtime is around 2030. Should I start his day sooner?

Thanks!!

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 11:21:38 am »
I notice you have another thread on General Sleep and we're covering much the same ground. In order to keep all your advice in one spot, I'll lock this thread and anyone wishing to provide advice/support can go to your other thread: 7.5month old standing/crawling in crib at bed/nap time! Help!!