Author Topic: 6.5 months old wakes up everyday 45 min after BT  (Read 918 times)

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
6.5 months old wakes up everyday 45 min after BT
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:54 am »
hello,
My DS has dropped his catnap 3 weeks ago and it really went easy. His EASY routine looks like this:
A - 7AM-10
S-10AM-11:30am
A - 11:30-2:30pm
S - 2:30-4pm
A - 4-7pm
about 8PM in bed

As we started sleeping training very soon, he has always been very is with his falling asleep- it takes his 2-3minutes (in the evening a bit longer, he is moving his legs and his head for about 10 minutes before he settles down)
A few days ago he started waking up about 45 Min after we put him to bed. He is not crying or being fussy - he is very talkative and ready to play. I leave him alone, than he starts crying after 15 min. When I try to put him back to sleep (it takes me about half an hour!) he seems to fall asleep when I hold his hands (his moving them all the time), but as soon as i let them free - he rolls, catches crib bumper, pulls out his paci and finally wakes up again. It repeats a few times until he falls asleep. The rest of the night is great.

My question is - why? What can we do with this? He is not teething, I think he is not OT, because sometimes his A time is even 3.5hr. It's too early for a wonder week (he is exactly in his 29th week). Please, help, evenings were the only time for myself, now he even took away this one:))
Hania

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
Re: 6.5 months old wakes up everyday 45 min after BT
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 11:08:14 am »
Hi there,

When we dropped the catnap (we dropped ours at around 5-5.5 months), our A was pretty much 3 hrs across the day. I would say try an earlier bedtime because when the last nap is dropped, the idea is to make bedtime earlier and they sleep longer at night. That may not be the case with your LO but I do think 3.5hrs for 6.5mo may be too much. Dd at 9 months is comfortable doing that but she wouldn't have been at 6.5months.

Also, have you recently introduced solids? Could he be restless from too much solids/gas?

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline HaniaJa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 6.5 months old wakes up everyday 45 min after BT
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 11:32:54 am »
Hi Layla,
thanks for your reply. We introduced solids about 6 weeks ago and his eating schedule has been pretty much the same for the last month, that is why I don't consider it as a reason.
I know that 3.5 hr of A time is pretty long, but he simply doesn't want to go to sleep, it does not happen often. But what i thought - recently he seems to have his naps more like 2 hrs - can it be that he sleeps too much during the day and he is undertired and that is why he wakes up in the evening?