Author Topic: Six 1/2 month old waking every four hours for feeds at night  (Read 1111 times)

Offline ReneeSmith

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hello, my six and a half month old is waking every four hours for a breastfeed at night, I really think she should be sleeping through by now.  When she was seven weeks old she was sleep better!

We put her down to bed around 7pm and then I feed her before I go to bed around 9pm but then she wakes about four hours later for another feed (say 12.30am) and then again at 4am.  I really would like her to sleep from 9pm to 5am.

I don't jump up to her straight away with the hope that she will put herself back to sleep but the level of crying increases and I go in to check she hasn't rolled into a funny position.  Any advice would be helpful.  Thanks in advance

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Re: Six 1/2 month old waking every four hours for feeds at night
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 18:33:34 pm »
Hello, my six and a half month old is waking every four hours for a breastfeed at night, I really think she should be sleeping through by now.  When she was seven weeks old she was sleep better!

Hi Hun what makes you say this? My lo had at least 2 feeds at this age and he was formula fed. He had a single feed until 10 months. Every little one is different. Also at 6 months there can be a huge growth spurt so some babies even revert back to feeding more at night.

Can you post your current EASY? Do you BF or FF?
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
Re: Six 1/2 month old waking every four hours for feeds at night
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 01:09:39 am »
I'd say that's pretty normal at this age. Sleeping all the way through isn't actually a fair expectation for a lot of LOs at this age.

Hugs I know it's tough but I generally just roll with it. Also at this age they often don't nurse as well during the day because they are so easily distracted so they make that up at night. It will pass!
*Kate*