Author Topic: What to do when LO wakes up before it's time to eat?  (Read 909 times)

Offline Kal2021

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What to do when LO wakes up before it's time to eat?
« on: June 30, 2014, 04:38:43 am »
I have been implementing EASY with my 8 week old for the past few weeks and it has been going well. My question is, when she wakes up before it's time to feed (based on a 3 hour schedule) and she is not showing any signs of hunger, do I feed her anyway or wait until the next scheduled feed (or until she appears hungry)? If she wakes up early and is hungry of course I would feed her, but when she wakes up say 30-45 mins before she is supposed to eat next (and she got a good nap in) and she doesn't seem hungry (she's just content hanging out), I don't know what to do!? Feed her, play with her, or try to get her back to sleep? TIA for any help.

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: What to do when LO wakes up before it's time to eat?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:32 am »
Hi  :)

If she wakes up early and there is no getting her back to sleep then I would just get her up and have some quiet activity time before her next feed is due. Definitely if she is not hungry and asking to be fed. How long is her nap generally? If you want to extend her nap you can try shh/pat but if you are happy with the amount of time she has slept then by all means get her up. What is her awake time at the moment? If she is ready for a little more awake time you might find she will have a longer nap.

Hope that helps you  :)

Offline Kal2021

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:57:35 am »
Thanks for the reply! Her awake time is typically about 60-75 mins and her naps range from 1 - 2 hours.  She's pretty textbook!

Offline Jbla17

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:50:08 am »
No problem  :)

So your A time seems just about right for her age and 1-2 hours is a decent nap. Just keep doing what you are doing and her naps ill come together more for you  :)

You are doing great!

Offline Kal2021

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 22:37:07 pm »
Thanks so much for your help!