Author Topic: Dairy test  (Read 2163 times)

Offline dache

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
Dairy test
« on: November 24, 2014, 19:12:14 pm »
I did a dairy test today. Gave her a teaspoon of greek yogurt (pavlaka) mixed in polenta.
She was fine, no crying, no fussing except she vomited a small amount of what looked like coagulated milk.
Dh thinks that she`s fine, Im thinking if she vomited from a teaspoon, what will happen if I give her more?
Im not sure what to make of it ::)
What do you think? Should I give more?  Or wait a bit before trying again?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Dairy test
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 20:04:14 pm »
Is it normal for her to vomit food? Olly had a true milk allergy and when he was sick with milk it was always very thick and so not your normal milky baby vomit.

Offline dache

• Showing Appreciation 22
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 13:40:43 pm »
She hasnt vomited anything in that consistency since she is on lactose free soy formula.
Im sure she has an allergy or at least very severe intolerance to milk or something in it.. Ive posted before here, she was hospitalized,sick, vomiting, not gaining weight, blood in stool, reflux...Ive tried lactose free formula based on cow`s milk proteins, she was very bad,one of the worst times I think.
She wasnt sick after that yesterday, so  it was only that time. I dont want to deny her anything because of my fears. Im still thinking, she was sick after that one spoon. What will happen if I give her more :-\

She has not vomited anything other then milk, maybe just a bit a once or twice.

Offline TB9

• Showing Appreciation 60
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 13:58:37 pm »
This is exactly what happened when I trialed cheese with dd2 (she's lactose intolerant).  The doctor wanted to trial regular milk products and I finally did, maybe around 14mo, and she started spitting up...which was definitely not normal for her!  I would say if she doesn't normally spit up food then she definitely failed the trial (I think by 11mo most kids have stopped spitting up  ???)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 21:31:32 pm »
Poor thing, yes I think that it was probably a reaction.  :-[