Author Topic: Still struggling to achieve consistent naps here; help me manage the 2-1, please  (Read 8758 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
I think probably around 14h, maybe a touch more or less - but bear in mind this is probably more sleep on average than she got most of her first year!  I found sleep needs in general a little higher and more consistent in the first few months on one nap x

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
Thanks God! As I am Adrian to let F sleep 2h at nap time with 12h nights! Katie sorry for OT!

And also for you we are now having 5h+ A time one the morning and are getting 2h nap. Frank's A time increased significantly in last two weeks. He needs couple of days, he adjust and once again we have shorter naps!
~Marta

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
My experience in the past was at this stage two 1 nap days were all we could manage in the first few weeks. Then had either an ew or lots of nws and had to do a 2 nap day.

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
As I am Adrian to let F sleep 2h at nap time with 12h nights! Katie sorry for OT!
Not sure what that means, but no worries. :-* I think that sounds fine, even 2.5hr nap if needed. I found with my other two that in a transition more naps usually means a little less sleep overall and dropping a nap can increases it a bit (at least for a little while).

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
I don't know what "Adrian" is doing there LOL, but it's probably a stupid iPhone which autocorrected...
Thanks for sharing your experience.
~Marta

Offline katie80

I don't know what "Adrian" is doing there LOL, but it's probably a stupid iPhone which autocorrected...
LOL, I thought maybe it was a Polish expression. ;)

I think I've made a mess of things. :-[ I don't know if he got OT or what, but we had one nap days on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. Sunday I got him down late, so 2x30min naps and that happened again on Mon (although I got him down at the right time). Tues and today he EW 5:30-5:45 and I couldn't get him back to sleep. :-\

Tues was this...
WU 5:45
N1 10:40-11:20
N2 3-3:30
BT 6:30

Wed...
WU 5:35
N1 9:35-9:55
N2 1-2pm (was 20min too long for am nap?)
BT ??? (I don't know if I should do 6 or push to 6:30)

Bugger, I thought it was going well! :(

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
Hey! Don't worry:). Maybe three days in a row is too much?
We also have some mess here as on the 4th day with one nap he did 1:15 nap which is I guess OT. 2 nap days regenerated him so we had a decent WU the next day but today some noisy kid woke Ds up at the nursery, uhhhh:).

But! My point is, we are so close Katie!!! Just a couple of weeks and we will be there! One nap days:D.
All of our problems with sleep will solve out and we will live happily ever after, LOL.
~Marta

Offline katie80

All of our problems with sleep will solve out and we will live happily ever after, LOL.
LOL, paradise! ;) :P

I guess what bothered me was that the two nap days haven't been that good and didn't bring WU better. He's cutting another tooth, so maybe that's playing a part. :-\ He'll likely nap in the car tomorrow after G's gymnastics, so maybe that will help. ::)

Offline dache

• Showing Appreciation 22

Can I join in this magical wondreland :-) Haha
I wish it was so easy. I need sleep.

Katie. Is it possible that the teeth you said are comung,  are coming out right now?

Btw its 2am and Im up. Dd is "sleep walking" in the crib. She gets up, not standing, but just enough so she can move. Her legs are where her head was. She is snoring too.

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
Oh dear! Hope she doesn't hurt herself! Yes, I found any more than 2 days in a row things were bound yo get messy. What I used to do was rather than 2 naps, try for an early first nap, let him sleep as long as wanted then do ebt if needed. This didn't work with my other Ds but did with dd cos she used to then do 13 hr nights.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Yes hun we also reached a point of OT on one nap days but two naps did nothing to improve things. Time to take a deep breath and push on through xx

Ps can I join magic land too?!!

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
I'd like a spot in that glorious sounding one nap land too! Hopefully you ladies get there in a few weeks!

Offline katie80

Ok, thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to see over the next week or so what works best. He woke up at a better time today, just before 7am, but had a pretty unsettled night.  Dache, the second top tooth looks like it's just about to cut, in fact I wake up each morning expecting to see it through, but not yet. ::) He nicely did a 2hr nap in the car after gymnastics. I've half a mind to drive him around at 11:30 for a week to set that a bit, but it does seem a bit ridiculous at the same time. :P. Will keep plugging along, thanks for all your input. :-*

Offline shresmummy

• Showing Appreciation 5
I don't think it's ridiculous at all Hun! If only my lo slept in the car, I'd do that in a flash! I dud that with my DS1 during the 1-0 all the time :)

Offline katie80

I just don't know how to catch this kid up. :-\ With the other two, I had a 2-nap routine to fall back on and could get them back to waking at a decent hour, but nothing seems to work with Charlie. I'm getting frustrated and down about it.

It seems that if he sleeps an hr or more for the first nap, we have no chance of a second, which is ok if I can do EBT, but ends up ugly if I can't. And, if I cut too short in the morning, he just does another short one in the afternoon. ::)

Here's what the last week has looked like...
Tues 2/3
WU 6:45am
Nap 11:45-12:55
BT 6:00pm

Wed 2/4
WU 6:30
Nap 11:30-12:30
Tried for CN at 4:30, as couldn't do EBT by he wouldn't go
BT 7pm

Thurs 2/5
WU 6:30
Nap 11:30-12:30
BT 6:30 (earliest I could do)

Fri 2/6
WU 6:30 (could tell he was really tired)
Nap 11:30-12
Nap 4:15-4:45 (in car)
BT 7pm

Sat 2/7
Nap 9:30-9:50
Nap 1-1:30 (couldn't resettle)
BT 6pm

Sun 2/8
Nap 10:45-11:25am
Nap 2:40-3:30pm (DH woke)
BT 7pm

Mon 2/9
WU 5:30am (was really bummed, as I thought the two decent naps on Sunday would help :-\)
Nap 10:45-11:55am (had to resettle at 11:15)
He was falling asleep as I nursed him at 3:15, so put him down around 3:45, but he wouldn't go! >:(
BT will aim for 5:30-6pm

He's cutting another tooth (they just keep coming one after the other, this will be the fourth since the new year), so that is causing some unsettled NW. I'm still feeding twice a night, but that doesn't seem to help in the early morning.

What should I do?!