Author Topic: Waking during the Dream feed  (Read 2710 times)

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 16, 2015, 00:19:41 am »
I also have a dreamfeed question.

DD has been dream fed since we started EASY at 6 weeks okd. She is now 4.5 months old. When she was younger she would be sleeping and feeding at the same time but at her age now she would wake up when we give her dream feed usually at 10pm or 1030pm. But she always go back to sleep right after eating. Is it ok that she is fully awake for her dreamfeed?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 20:45:18 pm by Lolly »

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Waking during the Dream feed
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 20:47:59 pm »
If she always goes straight back to sleep after the feed I wouldn't think it's an issue. If she starts to stay awake you may need to rethink - try the feed a bit earlier or later maybe?

Laura

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Waking during the Dream feed
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 21:09:05 pm »
Mine was always fully awake for the DF, after the first few weeks of lifting him to feed at that time, and he would wake, he then always woke when that feed was due out of habit (I would try the different time as Laura siad as that works for lots of people, not us though as DS just would not feed when asleep). The only difference I felt was that when it came to weaning it as he would wake habitually so I reduce the amount over a few days and then did a kind of W2S to shush/pat him when he started stirring for the feed. I remember being quite nervous of that wean but as with most things my nerves were worse than the actual event of doing it.

Offline newbie_momsie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:53:58 am »
She goes back to sleep so I guess it isn't an issue. Thanks for your replies!