Author Topic: 10 month old early waking again  (Read 1364 times)

Offline hayley66

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 29, 2015, 05:38:57 am »
Pls can somebody helps I'm just so so tired I feel so miserable.

We have always had an earlier riser around 6-6.15 (but have had quite a few random days where he goes later) But at the mo it's around 5.40.

We have had a period of 12 nights of him sleeping till 7 before this (unheard of)so I am absolutely guted as I thought he had finally changed. The week prior to this good period we were on holiday and swimming etc and he was sleeping 3 hours a day as exhausted, the day we got back the good period happened. Now he's back to an hour in the morn and 1.5 mid afternoon. What has changed, why suddenly at the crack of dawn again I just don't know. I never know if too much sleep, needs more sleep. It's driving me nuts!!

Normal routine if a good day
Wakes 6.15
Nap 10am for hour (I now wake him to fit second nap in). He's always in a deep sleep.
Nap 2.30 for 1.5 hours (sometimes 1.75)
Bed at 7.30

When he wakes early I push his nap out at the same time. His room is completely blacked, there's no environmental factors.

It's the holiday and all the extra sleeping that is confusing me as it makes me think that week his routine changed and he was having more sleep than ever but he was going down after 3.25 Activity hours as exhausted.

At the mo he's only sleeping 10 hours when in the good phase he was doing 11.5!! Also since it's gone wonky he's waking in his long nap crying after about 40 mins the.n Going back to sleep. Every day for 5 days. Would that indicate overtiredness?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 14:12:28 pm by hayley66 »

Offline newkidontheblock

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
Re: 10 month old early waking again
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 15:16:25 pm »
Would you consider letting the am nap go on and not capping for a while? If it is OT, and it does sound like he is, that should help him catch up. Then you can cap the pm nap accordingly in order to leave the requisite gap to bed. WDYT?

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 11:02:41 am »
I was worried then that the then later second nap would then go on even later past 4.30pm and that could be causing early wake up too? He has approx 2.45 hr day sleep but that may not be enough do you think?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:27:17 am by hayley66 »

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 14:24:32 pm »
Is he HSN? Even if he is, 2.45 is more than enough day sleep IMO.

You can cap the second nap at an appropriate time to leave a sufficient gap to bed

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:48:25 am »
What does HSN and IMO mean sorry!!

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:41:56 am »
High sleep needs and in my opinion

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 13:39:02 pm »
Thanks! I didn't ever think so re high sleep needs but Im not so sure now! But then if he's up from 5.45 he's just sleeping more in the day than the night maybe!
If he only has a short nap eg 45 mins in the morn how much would u shortern their awake time normally? I presume 3.5 - 4 hours average awake time is after waking up or a long nap? I'm wondering if he is high sleep needs and has been waking early because I've not been giving him the sleep he needs by putting him down too late thsn he has an interrupted nap etc and he's getting over tired.
Yesterday he did 50 mins am but woke by himself, then went down 3.15 mins later which is crazy early, but slept 1hr 45 without a peep, went to bed at 7.30 and woke at 6.45am this morn!! I never put him down that early after a first nap but wondering as it wasn't a long one whether I'd be okay to put him down that early going forward.
I'm trying again today...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 13:42:17 pm by hayley66 »

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 14:53:21 pm »
Hi there. Sorry for now replying sooner. Just got back from our vacation. How are things now?

Offline hayley66

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 05:41:13 am »
Still going mad! We keep having phases. He suddenly switched to 6.45 for 1.5 weeks, then a few really early days, then back late, and now for the past week we're early again.

I can't figure it out!! I can't see that I do anything different. But there is a difference of an hour between the night sleep on good and bad mornings that he's getting.0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:44:41 am by hayley66 »

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 16:25:27 pm »
Look for difference in total amount of day sleep, length of day and the time between last nap & bedtime.