Author Topic: Stuck in EW rut  (Read 4713 times)

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Stuck in EW rut
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2015, 10:38:50 am »
Thanks Marta. It's just so tough right now, trying to work on no sleep and look after both LOs :( ugh I know I'm getting bogged down in sleep angst which is why I probably need to step away again. He is so gorgeous when not exhausted, that's what makes me so sad to see it. He has settled beautifully at nursery, loves his keyworker, doesn't cry much, plays nicely, eats ok, sleeps not too badly either.  Such a little character!  Thanks for reminding me to celebrate the positives xxx

Offline michaeljacknnugg

• Showing Appreciation 214
  • New life
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 13:26:39 pm »
Hey katherine, just popping on to encourage you and to second what Marta says.

It is so hard though, especially when it's tough on the rest of the family. Would you be willing to sleep in his room for a while, just to get a bit more rest yourself?
My 'little man' - kind-hearted Spirited whirlwind, 2008
My love, my everything - BabyTwo, Nov 2015

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 14:16:53 pm »
Thanks lovely :-*. I have done a couple of times from the early hours when he's been really unsettled :). Just seems easier at that time rather than risking waking him with squeaky door handles!  There is a double bed in his room still so at least somewhere to rest comfortably.  Trying desperately to avoid making any props though!!

Offline ginger428

• Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 23:40:57 pm »
Martii- well said and I need to take your advice as well.

Katherine- it just sounds so hard right now and again, you have done and are doing the best you can.  I think your action plan sounds great considering the circumstances... trying to follow his cues and let him rest when he needs it.  We'll see you hopefully on the other side. HUGS HUGS HUGS until then.

Btw, my comment regarding that our LOs will "get it" no way implies that it's their fault.  Poor LOs can't tell us what they need and want right now not to mention that they're little people in a big world filled with big life things thrown at them.  I need to remember that they will be fine and we will be fine. (Easier said than believed over here). ;)

MORE HUGS!