Author Topic: 15mo NWs  (Read 2931 times)

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
Re: 15mo NWs
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 19:04:59 pm »
Hugs Trimble that all sounds super rough :(
Can you try 4hr A before a 20min nap and then 2-2.5hrs A till pm nap? I'm just wondering if the first A time is too short and then the 2nd A time on a catnap is too long....?
I always fear sebt so I would say have an earliest bt in mind (for me that's 7) and set it at that, if I remember she so far hasn't been one to tack on lost sleep-I might be wrong though. With the lunch problem could you give her a big snack straight after her am catnap so she has plenty of time to eat and poo before her pm nap? And -I know this might be opposite to some advice but I'm chicken about ot-if she was up from like 4/5:30 I would probably let her have a good half hour in the am and push out the pm nap if necessary. It just let her catch up a bit,  but like I said I'm one to always fear ot rather than ut...
Hugs!!!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Emami

• Showing Appreciation 41
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 19:54:22 pm »
Hi hun, my DD2 is a bit younger (10 months) but I have similar issues with her.  She has been very prone to long NWs and I also have the school run to contend with, which is a pain for naps.  A couple of people suggested set naps but I was hesitant to try it because I always wanted to try to tweak and fix things and felt like if I played around or let her catch up where she could then things would kind of reset and get better. She never cooperated though, lol.

In the end since school started we've kind of fallen into set naps that work with both school runs.  She's usually doing WU 6am, nap (in car on way home from school) 9-9:30, nap 12-2, BT 6:30. It's not perfect and sometimes her lunchtime nap isn't long enough (anywhere from 1h20-2.5hrs), but I've stuck to the same BT as earlier bed gets me earlier WU.  I like the half hour car nap because she only ever sleeps 30mins so I don't have to wake her.  A couple of times on the weekends I've gone for a longer morning nap since we're not in the car, but then I don't seem to get her A times right and her day gets messy.  So set naps do seem to be working.

I hate to even type this and jinx myself, but the long NWs have improved too. At the moment she is either sleeping through or her NWs are relatively short (still maybe half an hour but much better than 2hrs+). I'm not sure if it's routine that's helped, or being more consistent at night.  Before we were sometimes feeding, sometimes medicating, sometimes picking up, sometimes on her floor, lots of jiggling the bed, just trying anything which was probably confusing. So we started holding back more (she is loud and there's nothing else to listen to in the middle of the night so we were probably rushing in). If she was really upset one of us would go in and do WI/WO from there.

I definitely don't have all the answers, and she is still not the best sleeper but it's settled down a lot so hopefully something in there will help. Hugs for the nights, I know how tough it is.
Emma

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 06:19:58 am »
I'd stick to the set naps for a whole week.  If your not happy or there is no improvement I'd tweak again.  Even if you keep ebt of 6pm for the whole week as well and then start pushing back to 6:30.

Big hugs x

Offline newkidontheblock

• Showing Appreciation 42
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:11 am »
Trimbler:) Hi! I haven't read anything anyone else has posted, only the first original post but just wanted to write that with Eris, after a 2 hour nap ending at 3, I would have trouble with BT any earlier than 8. I hope I have not just confused the issue! Just wanted to share that with you:)

Offline trimbler

• Showing Appreciation 37
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 20:18:02 pm »
Hey everyone thanks for all your input :)

Emma - I think we've also been inconsistent at night, DH prefers to do more and will always sing to her etc before putting her back down, whilst I prefer to do as little as possible :P

Kayra I know what you mean, I guess the 3h 1st A time just works quite nicely around the school run and means we can have a longer stretch in the morning to actually do stuff... So I'd like to make it work if possible!

First mum/Fleur - I think she really needed that 6pm EBT to catch up without having an OT EW, but that was a one-off, things have actually started to get better since then :) Sunday was very busy and BT ended up a little later than intended, but still a better night. Monday at the CM, she had 30mins in the morning and then babbled for half an hour before getting to sleep in the afternoon, the CM commented ( written in our book) that she didn't know why she did that, so I replied in writing that I thought she needed a shorter am nap, we did 20mins at home yesterday which seemed to work well and she had an almost straight through 2h nap in the afternoon (with a 45min OT scream, quickly resettled - she'd woken at 5am that morning screaming and hadn't resettled), I had to wake her for the school run. She also had her second MMR yesterday which perhaps made her sleepier than usual, but amazingly, we had our first sttn in months :D Woke at 6.15 or thereabouts, so over 11h :) Then today the CM finally followed our suggestion (well, gave her 25mins in the cot, not sure how long she actually slept) and she did 1h 50 in the afternoon :) Not holding my breath but maybe, just maybe, our horrible cycle is broken, not that things will be perfect but perhaps more manageable? :P Thanks for your support :-*

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2015, 00:50:30 am »
Hows things going Trimber?

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2015, 15:00:01 pm »
Nice to read your update. With E too, I found that the CN needed to be cut quite a bit after a while. But then she is on the lower end of sleep needs.

Offline trimbler

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2015, 22:12:52 pm »
Thanks for asking :-* Well I don't know, it did seem like on the one hand she needed that am nap down to 20mins to get a decent pm nap, and on the other hand she's probably more sensitive to OT than I'd realised, as the EBTs really did seem to help and her night sleep has been generally better the last 1-2 weeks, especially some of the last few nights. However tonight she's back to her high-pitched, blood-curdling screamathon :( :( I'm wondering how much I can really put down to teeth?? I mean, things started to improve after she'd cut the first tooth, the second perhaps wasn't so bad when it actually cut, but of course it would have been moving up before then, right? Now I think she's at it again - gums a bit swollen maybe(?), lots of poos and nappy rash, she's really not keen on us putting our fingers in her mouth for teething gel and her appetite's decreased significantly. But I hear of these LOs who have three bad nights and then out pops a tooth - could she really have three terrible *weeks* (well, longer, really) preceding each tooth? :o Well whatever it is, I'm back in the living room as DH will at least make the most efficient use of any quiet moment for sleeping - whereas I'd be lying awake for hours after she's finally got back off ::)

Offline First mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 22:57:29 pm »
I belong to a self appointed club called "I hate teeth"!!  And yes the discomfort and sleep disruption can go on for weeks  :'( my LO has cross cut and likes to do multiple teeth at once.  Just checked my notebook and we have had at least 1 nw most nights since the 20/9/15 and have had 4 teeth cut (2 incisors and 2 molars) and now I can see another incisor ready and can feel the last 2 molars.  In saying that, I could see the previous 2 incisors for just over 7 days before they actually broke through.  I am really mindful of timing her pain medication to help her get the best sleep.  Think I might be onto something as she woke at midnight last night and she couldn't resettle so I picked her up, drink of water, pamol and teething gel.  I cuddled for about another 5 minutes and then popped her back down and she went back to sleep  :) huge improvement on the usual hour. 

Food intake is really poor at the moment too.  My LO loves frozen grapes, raspberries, strawberries and peas which is hugely helpful.  I also wizzed up frozen strawberries and a banana yesterday afternoon and she was smacking her lips and say yum yum, more mum!!  Which I haven't heard for awhile.

Hope you managed some sleep last night!  I'm the same with getting back to sleep it takes me forever!!

Offline kayra

• Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 11:46:42 am »
It could well be teeth trimbler, the other symptoms seem to match up..good idea to sleep in the living room, I'm the same way  about getting back to sleep!

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 09:20:20 am »
We're in the same boat with teeth but no madness, thankfully. Do you medicate at BT?

Offline trimbler

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 19:44:45 pm »
Hey Fleur, do you still have just the two? But E's are at the top, aren't they, whereas A has the bottom two. Yes we medicate...bit worried she gets too much pain relief, I mean we never exceed the 24h limits but she's had something every day for... :-[ :P Well I'm sleeping in the living room again now as I have this annoying cough and don't want to wake anyone else with it! As for DD's sleep, well it's not perfect but it's way better than where it was for so long, so I'm putting everything down to teeth or unavoidable later-than-ideal BT - but at least I think I know what the ideal is now, whereas I really had no idea before. Thanks :-*

Offline newkidontheblock

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 15:45:20 pm »
I think the bottom ones are way harder than the top. We have 3 now and 1 more on the side poking through. The bottom one took AGES to get out and was quite painful

Offline trimbler

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2015, 19:39:33 pm »
I suspect they all do it in their own way... I'm sure the top was harder for DS, but he had three coming pretty much at the same time, iirc.