Author Topic: 2-1 Transition - how much APOP'ing ok? Napping on us a lot... nervous!  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Kellyjs

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 80
Re: 2-1 Transition - how much APOP'ing ok? Napping on us a lot... nervous!
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 19:48:54 pm »
It is amazing, I'm thinking you've got an angel bubba there! My DD was always super happy with short naps too, it was only when we started hitting the 2-1 I knew it had to change!

If yours is like mine, fwiw it's great when out at an all day event or something, all other LO's are having a meltdown and mine goes into happiness overload!  ::) xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Happy baby is more than a yoga pose :)
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 20:09:01 pm »
I thought she was spirited, but she's really just super active and non stop chatter... Hmmm. :-)
She's barely getting the cranky OT considering all that's going on reall.
I think once we got past reflux, the clouds parted and she's super sunny :-) xx

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2015, 14:31:10 pm »
Mine is angel with some definite spirited streaks in there! They can fall into more than one category. Hope today goes well xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 15:12:44 pm »
You are wonderful encouragement, thank you!
ok yesterday recap:
5:15a WU (& up basically from wet nappy shenanigans - doh!)
11:30a down, w2s at 20 min, 45 min nap :) (longest so far and up earlier!)
4p down, 40 min nap! (I know we may need to cap these at 30, but she's getting so little sleep I don't think we should yet, just not trying to extend them obv)
6:00p bath, bottle, bed
6:30p down
NW:
11p, 3a (gave meds, was chewing sleep sack), 5:15a  (all easy to get her back down, she stands up and cries but I go in pretty quickly so she doesn't work herself up)
6:30a WU, happy :)

She woke up a bit more often, in the night, but later and different times and super easy to get her back down, so maybe the ol' hunger?  We'll try to stuff her today.  Salmon for brekkie!

DH is her magic sleep person right now apparently.  I'm not taking it personally! We agreed that if he's the one having easier success ftm let's go with it.  She's distracted by the boob I think although I never nurse her to sleep, only the occasional apop nurse nap on the weekend.  But maybe that's the distraction? Who knows.  I got to trim the puppy's toenails and my own and do some dishes and settle into a wine glass while he put her down (super easily), so I'm not complaining :)

She's stopped early NW, which leads me to believe that her major OT was the extended afternoon awake to BT.  Before she'd have to make it from ~2:45 to BT ~6:45 or 7:30 by the time she got down.  Longer than her morning stretch!  We were nervous about the 4p nap cutting into her ability to go to bed, but it seems to be helping her make it and not be crazy OT. woo hoo!

DH will try to push the morning nap to noon (maybe 11:45 today, he'll see).
Once the nap extends over an hour is that when you expect the NW to improve? (not a science but from experience when can I anticipate sleeping more :) I'm a zombie at work... zzzz)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 19:53:29 pm »
Wow salmon for brekkie?! Lucky girl! You're starting to make me very jealous, you did say she ate well  ;)

Don't think hunger will be an issue around now hun. They're really good at self-regulating their feed intake and of course she still has milk too, which technically becomes her second source of nutrition soon!

No I wouldn't cap that second nap either as the first one still isn't quite there yet. You guys are really doing brilliantly and sticking with this. Well done.

I bet your DH likes it he's the magic one atm. I do think men feel a bit left out of it all sometimes. And bonus if you get a glass of wine in of course  ;)

It's absolutely brilliant she's stopped the early NW's, we can finally start to see things when they're on set naps and BT can't we. I think as the NW's are easy to resettle we'll ignore them for now, but I do wonder if she's getting into a bit of an UT/OT loop. Time will tell I suppose. It's probably teething though. Those pesky molars bounce around under there for ages before they make an appearance.

Wrt when the NW's will stop, I'm sorry hun, I don't know. Even on a stable one nap routine things can go haywire. I really don't want to discourage you at all, but my motto is prepare for the worst, expect the best.

IME NW's do happen around developmental leaps. She's coming up for 1yr old now isn't she? So you'll have this period, then from then on it's around every 6mths when things go a bit bonkers for a while. So better spaced I suppose? Is that positive  :) ;) xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 20:54:24 pm »
Oh that's wonderful! Yes I got the wonder weeks app early on from a recommendation and she's always about a week early and the *full* spell of 4-5 weeks it seems :-)
She's in one then, ah.
We'll this too shall pass.
So I'm messing up bottle times with the naps move. I swear my work calendar with pumping is silly. Can't wait to be fine with that piece!

Dh got her to nap at 12:10p today, a bit fussy so it took a while. I think she needs milk before but separate so our timing was off. We'll shoot for a 10:30 ish bottle and he gives her snacks an hour later, then wind down for nap.
That will work if we get out for lunch since we feed her with us usually. She slept for 40 minutes.
I'm about to check in with milk and see how the afternoon crash nap goes...
Oh and to top it off it's her birthday weekend (YEA!) So we scheduled her party for 3-5p eek. Hopefully she naps on Saturday before the fun :-) & that night is daylight savings so we fall back an hour - ack!
I guess we're still adjusting so nothing's set in stone. Probably easier this way :-)
Any tips to get us in a good state for Saturday? I think today's paging the morning to noon was good?
Maybe keep that and add the w2s although it hasn't worked yet?

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2015, 09:44:10 am »
The plan with the bottle and the snack sounds good. Either that or you could do a split lunch, so some before the nap and some after?

I think Saturday you'll have to go with the flow hun. I remember DD's christening was around a month after we were on one nap. I had to pd early at 10am, of course got an UT nap and just rolled with it for the rest of the day. I did try for a nap at around 3.30ish if I remember rightly as she looked tired, but with all the fun there was no chance so got her up 20mins later. She am managed until the end of the party in amazing spirits then we did the quickest bath, bottle  and into bed. In bed and asleep by 6.20pm which was always unheard of for her to go to sleep that quickly. And I think she had her first night of over 11hrs sleep that night! All I'm saying is, a one off thing like this can sometimes work out just fine hun. You just enjoy the day and take it as it comes, I'm sure she will surprise you! Xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 16:31:08 pm »
That was a good surprise for you!
ok, last night *only one WU!* woo hoo!

yesterday:
6:30a WU, kept in crib for a few
12:10p nap 40 min
4p nap 45 min (she keeps doing that...)
7p bed
midnight WU, super easy to resettle
6:15a WU, kept in crib for a few but she was super chatty and happy :)

we went to yoga this morning at 9:15a and she played non stop with two other little new walker boys.  They had a *blast*. Lots of giggles and got a tiny bit of yoga in - woot!
nursed her afterwards at 10:30a, super sleepy happy in car otw home, dh is walking her and the puppy now... trying to push to a noon nap.

it's a gorgeous day.  I feel like we're making wonderful progress and it's close :)
and we will just roll with her birthday party/Halloween Saturday. I think nap at noon that day and heopfully she sleeps a little longer, party 3-5 and then some wind down and a nice bath and we'll just have to see.
At least we get an extra hour that night? (I'll look at it that way) :)

I'm starting to think that she's going to only sleep 11 hours at night.
If I want her up no earlier than 6:30p should we be shooting for a 7:30p BT (once the OT/nap dust settles).
So only going early to 7p, that would mean bath at ~6:45p to have her in the room around 7p since it average takes ~20-30 mins to get her in bed.
Does that sound right?
It's super close to what we're doing now.

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2015, 17:12:47 pm »
And I meant up no earlier than 6:30am... :)

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2015, 18:11:08 pm »
11:50a nap - 1h10min!!!!!!!!!!
woo hoo!!!!

DH just strolled her around the block and did light play and wind down after the full hour of toddler walking/play at yoga.  So I think activity is our key and pushing toward noon.

He didn't try w2s. Since that gave us ~5 mins more results vs. the activity giving us a double length nap - activity is the winner!
Today :)
ok, beautiful day continues...

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2015, 20:15:34 pm »
Amazing , woo hoo! I've been waiting in earnest for this post!! Do keep that same time tomorrow ok? I don't want to push too much too soon. For some 1hr 10mins can be an OT nap, so I want to hold that time just to check it's not that ok? It might not be considering the crappy naps you were getting beforehand, but let's just see. Obviously Saturday will be different so we'll just keep it for the next day or so?

Glass of wine rightfully deserved for you two tonight! Cheers.

Back to your previous post before I got all excited  ;). Yes, my DD never did over 11hrs either. And again, mine has always taken between 20-30mims to settle so yes, I did 7pm BT with the aim of being asleep in that window of 30mins then awake 11hrs later. It is very close to what you're doing now, I'm just thinking she's very prone to UT naps. Again, hate to sound like a broken record but exactly like mine. Fwiw once the nap is set and she knows she's expected to sleep longer, you'll have to start waking her from those naps or else BT gets too late  ::). We had 2.5hr long naps for a little while I remember. Didn't last long though before I had to start waking her up. Kind of defeated the object for me now I finally had a long napping bubba, but hey, I also like my wine time in the evening  :D xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2015, 20:42:32 pm »
Oh bless - a 2.5 hour nap. I can't even imagine! :)

We will definitely celebrate the 1.10 hr today! :) WOO HOO! Thank you so much for all of the help! We're definitely getting there :)

So, BT tonight, make sure she does the 4p short nap (30-40 min) and then do we keep the same 6:15p bath, 6:30p bottle/bed (so asleep at 7ish)?

~6a WU
~noon nap
4p CN
7p bed

Ugh 6am... I'll hold her in crib a bit.  Just trying to maintain the happy and not get to where she's upset :)

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2015, 20:47:42 pm »
With that first nap I'd cap the second at 30mins hun, then yes, hopefully will be ready for BT at 7. Good luck! Xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2015, 20:49:16 pm »
eek. ok. scared to wake her up :)
I shall gently...

and then wine time later! xx

Offline chauncycay

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2015, 00:03:20 am »
Well,  no matter what we tried, even a little nursing, no 4p nap.
So BT my lovely dh got her down no fuss at 6:30p (she was beat).
I'm sure this means a super early morning tomorrow but for now we're enjoying the noon nap success :-)
A wine and pizza :-) xx