Author Topic: Shh pat and rolling over  (Read 2501 times)

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 17:44:07 pm »
Sometimes yes, sometimes no  ???

I think when he wakes up upset he usually eats more so that means he's hungry, but other times (such as the early wakings) he's happy. Yesterday for example, he woke up upset at 00:00 and 2:30 and ate more or less a good quantity, and then woke up at 6:30 quite content and ate less. The day before it was 11:50, 2:30, 4:30, 7:00 and he ate in all of them, but not large quantities. I'm confused!! haha

Offline jessmum46

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 411
Re: Shh pat and rolling over
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:31 am »
I'd probably not feed at night any more frequently than during the day, so if you do 4 hourly feeds during the day I'd resettle any wakings before 4 hours at night and then feed at the others :)

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 19:31:52 pm »
Thanks for your answer! I always try to resettle before feeding unless it's been a really long time, so those times were all times when I couldn't resettle him  :(

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 13:22:10 pm »
For example, yesterday he woke up at 11pm (pat), 12pm (pat didn't work so rock), 1am (nurse), 3:20 (pat), 4:20 (pat), 4:30 (nurse).
I don't know if that 'waking up every hour' thing was because he was hungry and didn't properly go into deep sleep because of that, or something else, maybe teething  ???

Apart from that, I have a question about patting: how can I know if it has become a prop? I try to let him self-soothe when I put him down, but after around 10 minutes (it varies depending on the day) it looks to me as if his mantra cry starts to become a real cry, and as soon as I start patting he stops and stays completely still, falling asleep within seconds. It looks suspicious... hahaha.
And if it is, what should I do? We went from rocking to patting and it feels to me as if the next thing I choose may also become a prop...

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 18:41:13 pm »
Patting can become a prop - if he needs it every time and won't settle without then it probably is.  But it should be easy to wean - pat for less time i.e. to less fully asleep, pat lighter, pat slower etc etc until it eventually disappears altogether :)

How have nights been the last few days?

Offline N_Mom_S

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 13:23:07 pm »
Well, I have no good updates because he's been sick so we went a few steps backwards, we even resorted to rocking. Now he's feeling better and we're trying to fix it back, I'll keep you posted! Good advice about the patting, we'll try it once things get back to normal again :)

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 18:24:42 pm »
Is LO all recovered now?  How are you doing?