Author Topic: Help! Baby woke at 7.30am for the first time ever!  (Read 1555 times)

Offline cathyandivy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Help! Baby woke at 7.30am for the first time ever!
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:21:12 am »
Morning - I can't believe I am actually writing this as a concern but hear me out...

10 month old has been waking at 5-5.30am for months but this morning woke around 7.30am. Hooray I hear you cry and it is AMAZING - I had a cup of tea and everything BUT...

Now I have no idea what to do today nap wise?! How do I fit two in? Do I try for just 1 or is that crazy?

Need help ASAP as time is ticking.

TIA

Offline Emami

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 41
Re: Help! Baby woke at 7.30am for the first time ever!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:54:24 am »
Lol, congratulations! I would probably go for one nap since she's had a good 2/2.5hrs extra this morning and you'll probably have a hard time squeezing in 2 naps and still keep a decent bedtime. So I'd go for one after lunch and hope it's a long one, and if she short naps try for another shortish one later just to get her through until bed. Good luck!
Emma

Offline cathyandivy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 10:07:07 am »
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was thinking of trying for one nap but he has just decided enough is enough and fell asleep on the floor of the living room! Managed to transition him to his cot so all is well for now. He went down just before 11am.

Do I let him sleep for as long as he wants and then move bedtime earlier - 11am seems to early to start napping if he's only going to have one?

Or... Do I wake him after 30 mins and go for a good afternoon nap, say around 2-3pm?

Sorry for all the questions but this has never happened to me and I'm panicking!!!

C x

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:24 am »
What is your usual bedtime Honey?
~Marta

Offline cathyandivy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 10:38:10 am »
For the last two weeks it's been 7pm and he's been going down really well. He can now handle a max of 4.5 A time before he crashes out.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:05:39 am »
No matter how much he sleeps I would definitely try to squize a catnap around 4:30pm or ealier if the first nap was short. With a longer nap I would do probably 10-15min max just for him to survive till bedtime. We were at that routine with nap at 11/11:30 and a short catnap at 4/4:30pm for 30min or less for good two months before switching to one nap.
~Marta

Offline Emami

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 12:53:09 pm »
Oops, sorry I was saying she and you have a he!
I agree with Marta, he's probably gone down a bit too early to just do one nap so try to squeeze in a CN later. Unless he does a monster 3hrs or something, and then I would just do BT around 6:30. How's it going?
Emma

Offline cathyandivy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 15:04:50 pm »
Thank you so much to both of you for responding.

Don't worry about the 'he' 'she' thing - Ivy was my first and hence the username! My son, Murphy, did only an hour or so at 11am and has just gone down at about 3.30pm. Planning to wake around 4.30. Does that sound like a plan? Thanks again, means so much to get some help X

Offline Emami

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 19:56:32 pm »
Sorry, didn't see this in time but I would think that would be good to get to BT at 7:30/8ish. How did it go?
Emma