Author Topic: Ew 13 m  (Read 6890 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Ew 13 m
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 10:37:49 am »
The idea is to reduce that morning nap so they aren't relying on it as a full on sleep to replace night sleep.

Try 45 mins if you'd rather and hold for a few days and if still EW I'd reduce a bit more x
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 08:08:27 am »
Thanks! We all have terrible flu.  :(

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2017, 09:25:20 am »
Oh jk get well soon x
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2017, 18:08:21 pm »
Thanks Zoe - so as a sort of an update /question, I have been doing 30 mins nap around 9:45 am 10am, but now he has started fighting sleep at the second nap. I can only get him to sleep again at 2:45 and then he wakes up crying 45 mins or at most an hour later. He is usually very tired by midday, (and so OT after that.) He often tries to sleep in the car when we fetch his brother, but I keep him awake to eat lunch and then try put him down, but no dice till closer to 3pm I am afraid.

Seems counter intuitive to cut the nap even shorter as he was sleeping 2hrs in the am and 1hr in the afternoon. So he has lost that sleep, and he still wakes around 5am.

Still, I agree that the problem is most likely that he is doing "night time" sleep in the morning, so I will continue with trying to cut the morning sleep shorter and perhaps I should try to figure out a way to let him sleep at 12?

Also, the NW is very bad. But he is sick and I am pretty sure now teething too because he made 3 dirty diapers, has a terrible diaper rash, is super unhappy and drooling and biting everything.

Luckily my mum has come for a few days to help!!!

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 18:14:55 pm »
I found I had to have him up by 10am or I'd struggle to get a nap by 1.30. I've now found if I do 9.40 -10am I can get him in bed by 12.30. I'd say if he seems tired at midday give him lunch early and put him to bed.

Mine only really has the CN thurs and fri as at nursery he manages till 12 noon and sat, sun he goes till 12 too unless we are in car. Think thurs fri are his catch-up from nursery being more stimulating.

Oooh nappies sound like teeth, poor thing x
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:05 am »
What's you LO's WU time Zoe? Thanks again.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 09:21:32 am »
Around 6.15/6.30 sometimes hear him at 5 but he chats and goes back off x
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 05:49:35 am »
Ok thanks. Failed day yesterday - just couldn't keep him awake in the car at 8:50 -slept till 9:20. Then again in the car at 11:50 let him sleep in the car, but when I tried to transfer him at home he woke at 12:20, and then wouldn't sleep again. But was obviously finished for early BT AT 5:45. That meant he was stirring from 3... DH GOT HIM BACK DOWN, but was finally up and wouldn't sleep again at 4:30.

So moved the wrong direction yesterday and fear we will struggle to keep him awake till 9 again today!

Any tips welcome  :)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2017, 06:09:29 am »
Can you leave him asleep in the car at lunchtime? I know it's not ideal but I have done that and made sure I'm in the room that I can see the car? Alternatively let him have 5 mins in the car at lunch and try bed 45 mins later?
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 12:52:18 pm »
Thanks Zoe! Still horribly sick this side, after blood tests I am going on a third course of antibiotics, for a cold! It's been very tough with a lot of NW - I think he might have started habitual waking at 10:30, if I give him pain meds he sometimes sleeps till 1, but I can't give it to him EVERY night. The EW - it's hard to say if it's improved. Example, he woke at 10:30 last night, again later but not so that we went to him, them crying crying crying at 4am. DH finally settled and I had to wake him at 7. (I HAVE NEVER had to to do that!) Then he wouldn't sleep till after 10 (we were in the car, so I thought he would sleep short nap before that.) And now it's 3pm and he just wont sleep. I know you'll say we should cut the nap earlier in the day earlier... but he usually gets SO TIRED pretty much immediately after. (like laying down on the floor crying, not playing.) Then he finally gets a second wind... SO I guess It could be that he is still trying to join the nap to the night time sleep. Anyway at 4am after NW we are both at our wits end. (especially considering neither of us are getting over this cold because of lack of sleep!) So hard to know if the NW are pain, habit or something else. DH is convinced he wakes from habit and just wants "something sweet" (the meds) and to be held.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 13:15:13 pm »
Oh goodness poor you get well soon.

I could be habit but I'd think if the meds have given you a longer sleep there might be some discomfort. I have given meds every night for a week or so if I can see teething signs, it has taken a good couple of months for my DS2 molar to pop through.

I'd pop a CN in at 4pm ish and just do BT at 7 ish.
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2017, 12:36:54 pm »
Thanks!

He is still fighting sleep - yesterday did morning nap 20 mins at 10:15 am (after waking 3:45-4:30am then sleeping till 7...) then fought nap in the afternoon only slept at 3:45 - 4:30pm! BT at 7 as usual, (fully medicated) NW was only enough to wake us, didnt have to go to him until 4am when we was chirping away wide awake, ended up leaving him which he didnt like, but then went to sleep! woke 5:15. Then was VERY OT at 9am and had to sleep, struggled to get him awake after 20 min car nap, he was super groggy.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2017, 12:47:24 pm »
I find minexwakes better after a CN if we are going to say a play date or play group or shops...,something to keep him interested.
Zoe

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:02 am »
Thanks for sticking with me in this Zoe! I'm still sick and he is still waking a few times at night (medicated or not) so I'm tired! The EW might be improving but my other son wakes him too so it's hard to tell! Might start working on the 2 yr olds EW, cut his nap to 1.5 hr see if that helps. It's dark till 7am here now and it seemed to help last winter... I think.

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 14:13:50 pm »
No probs always good to have a hand to hold! 2 year old have massive language leap so could be developmental too x
Zoe