Author Topic: Ew 13 m  (Read 6892 times)

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Ew 13 m
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2017, 21:41:37 pm »
I thought he was settling himself (while I was replying previously.) but he just started up again (about 10 mins of quiet) I confess, I gave him antihistamine. Rare occurrence but I'm feeling stretched very thin and tight. Sleep deprivation is torture.

When they were younger crying after settling I would normally say was pain, but it still makes sense to me it could be physiological pain. What would you say?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2017, 21:47:13 pm »
There's more details about doing wiwo here https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=167333.0
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Crispysage

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:42 am »
Thanks, is this the only info on the topic? I have re read it so many times and I got to say I need more.

I am not certain it's SA (it's not the sudden shrieking cry, although he does wake up crying a lot - even from nap.)
I can't say I am using it to "get back on track" because he has never STTN
But it seems the right method because he has pretty much always been a master of independently GOING to sleep.

"- when he cries – and he will – return to his side IMMEDIATELY and soothe again
     - repeat as often as necessary"

Is this still the MO with such an old LO?

I find I do need to let him be a little bit upset (DH is always pushing for CIO but I am NOT ever going to do that. I have found if am "forced" to let him cry, like if I can't soothe him and I go to fetch medicine or find a paci, he has fallen asleep while I am gone. So I have started to try very hard to distinguish between his tantrum/angry cry and a real "upset" cry (pretty much impossible for me though) because I have read about trying to only let him cry if it's not "real" and that seemed to work for a few nights. But then he stopped crying and now he wakes and is less standing up and arms up crying and is more lying facedown and lawnmower crying. I put my hand on his back and he will stay calm as long as I keep it there. OR he is be inconsolable even if I pick him up (which I try to avoid unless he is frantic.)

honestly, in the last two weeks the only consistent thing is that he wakes up at night and wakes up early. The appoint why and what he does changes all the time. So I am struggling with what tools to use/how to respond. I want to be consistent, but i also want to read him and respond in the way best suited.

I am starting to think I am wasting my time trying so hard to figure it out. Seems like he is going to not sleep well till he is 3 and I should just ride it out.

Is there no living Tracy?

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 21:40:42 pm »
Do you think he would be soothed by your voice just from outside the door?
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011