Author Topic: 4 Month Old Night Wakings  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Jnelso86

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 20, 2017, 02:47:02 am »
Hi there,
My daughter is 4 months old (17 weeks) and we have been dealing with night wakings. She has never STTN. We have been on an easy routine since day 1 essentially. My older daughter was a dream and sttn from about this age.

She falls asleep independently  for naptime and bedtime. She naps very well, usually a couple 2 hour naps and a cat nap at the end of the day. We have a 12 hour day starting at 7am. Here's what her day looks like:
E: 7am (6 ounces)
S:8:30 am

E: 10:00/10:30am (6oz)
S: 12:00/12:30pm- 2:00/2:30pm

E- 2:00pm (7 oz)
S-4:00 (catnap)

E- 6:00 (7oz)
S- 6:30/7pm

She's Waking up sporadically throughout the night, usually 2 or 3 times. I try to shh pat but she just gets so mad so I usually end up feeding her and she drinks a couple of ounces and goes right to sleep so I know she's not that hungry.

I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. She is still swaddled and has white noise in her room. Please help!

Offline ginger428

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 21:36:28 pm »
Hi Jnelso86 and welcome to BW!

How different siblings can be in all sorts of ways, right? I have only one, but I hear about the differences in sleep habits and it's pretty amazing.
Have you already taken the personality quiz for your DD2?
Here is the link to do that.
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=52283.0

Depending on what personality she generally is, she may need a teeny bit more awake time than you would think.  My son is spirited/textbook and he has always needed longer awake times. If she does fit that profile, (not to pigeon hole) but we could try extending her awake time before the last cat nap and bed by 10 mins. In my experience and as I've been told as well, the first awake time is always the shortest so I wouldn't change that one for now.

What times does she wake at night and what does she do upon waking? When do you go to her?